Chicken breast recipes

Options
kerrimcguire1
kerrimcguire1 Posts: 14 Member
Hi everyone, I eat quite a lot of chicken breast (usually cooked in a frying pan with a few sprays of 1cal spray). I tend to have it with roasted new potatoes, chips (jacket potato cut up and cooked with 1cal spray), or savoury rice. I'm started to get fed up of these things to have it with so if anyone has any tasty ideas to have with chicken, or any recipes for chicken that would be really good! TIA

Replies

• rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    My favorite grilled chicken breast recipe:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/30522/unbelievable-chicken/

I'd recalculate the calories yourself, since it counts all marinade calories and it doesn't specify the size of the breast, but however you log it, this marinade is delicious.
  • kerrimcguire1
    Options
    Sounds lovely! Thanks :)
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I've been doing budgetbytes.com lately. The sesame chicken broke down to 80 calories per ounce when made with boneless skinless chicken breasts, including the full 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil for cooking. The kung pao chicken was also tasty, and 315 calories with my ingredients (I hate broccoli, and used cauliflower instead) for a fourth of the recipe. I have both of those recipes with a little bit of brown rice.

Those are my current favorites for breaking up the plain chicken breast routine.
  • kerrimcguire1
    Options
    They all look lovely! Thanks guys!
  • Verdenal
    Verdenal Posts: 625 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    When I"m on a high-protein, low-fat, low-carb, low-calorie diet I eat lots of chicken breast. I pound it thin and marinate it in lite soy sauce with spices like garlic and ginger added for 2 to 24 hours. I fry it in a pan with griddle surface without oil.
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I just realized--I linked the wrong kung pao chicken in my previous post. This is the one I made a version of for about 315 calories/serving.

• faithsimmons526
    faithsimmons526 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    This one caught my eye recently. Haven't tried it yet, but plan to soon.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/8607/low-cal-chicken/
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I put them in a crockpot with marinara sauce and let it cook all day then put it on vegetable spaghetti and top it with Parmesan cheese. Very low calories if you only use one ounce of spaghetti noodles. Yum!
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I marinate in , chili garlic paste, fish sauce, rice vinegar and a touch of brown sugar. Then I bake it at 400 for about 30-40 minutes depending on thickness. I like to add it into rice and noodle bowls and salads. We eat a bowl of some sort like twice a week. It lets me eat healthy and my kids and hubby eat the stuff they like.

You can also just toss it in a crockpot for 4 hours on high with a cup of salsa. For the last 30 minutes I add a can of black beans and a cup of frozen corn. Then I serve on rice with "fixins" like avocado, cheese, jalapenos. whatever.
  • debradugas9
    debradugas9 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I like it simple...some water in the pan with chicken breast squeeze lemon juice on chicken and sprinkle some pepper!! Let it bake!! So good and easy peasy lemon sqeezy ;-)
  • TammerTammer
    TammerTammer Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    We make chicken, pork, beef, almost anything really by splitting the portion, butterfly it open lay in 1/2 slice of cheese and spinach or kale. Fold it over and bake. Feel free to season to taste. My favorite is supposed dried tomatoes.
  • therealhyper
    therealhyper Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    If you are after a tasty spicy flavour try the Peri Peri type spice, mixed with Tandoori Masala and some lemon juice. Delicious flavours.