Fasting

Options
Well, Ash Wednesday. Suppose to fast all day due to Fat Tuesday. Just seeing if anyone is trying this? I know it's not very healthy but it's only for one day. Any others?

Replies

• boofmylumpia
    boofmylumpia Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Nope, not eating eat is more than enough for me. I don't recommend it. God will not banish you unto hell if you do, so go eat something meatless and enjoy lol
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    If it's for religious reasons and it's safe for you, I don't see a problem with it. One day isn't going to hurt you, just make sure you stay hydrated. I don't know people personally that do, so I'm not sure what else to tell you.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    The religious fasts of Ash Wednesday and Good Friday are not particularly onerous, and provided that you eat enough on other days will not cause any particular health impacts.
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    You could always give up a particular behavior/thought pattern too. I, for example, have chosen to give up negativity for Lent.
  • boofmylumpia
    boofmylumpia Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Nope, not eating eat is more than enough for me. I don't recommend it. God will not banish you unto hell if you do, so go eat something meatless and enjoy lol

Typo correction *meat*
  • KouraMara
    KouraMara Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with Fasting I do it one day a week and I call it Fast Thursday Walk fast, do things fast and fast. Our body wont miss one day without eating. I make tonic drinks for me to drink on Fast Thursday. The longest I've ever fasted was 14 days, but this takes a bit of planning before you do one of those.
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    I'm on a 24-hr fast today, but just because it's my day to do it. Tons of people fast here on a regular basis, it's no big deal and nothing to worry about.

Trivia note: It used to be standard for Eastern Orthodox monks to fast on both Wednesdays and Fridays every week.
  • allbecauseofyou
    allbecauseofyou Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the feedback!! Really appreciate!! :) It was harder than I thought but at the end of the day I had over 1,000 calories left to consume. Thanks guys! Can't wait to get some good protein in though :p