Why?

Options
There are two sides on this subject. I have two friend who think different about my 54 pound loss so far. One states I need to stop because it making me look old. The other states krep it up your looking great! I am 54 years old and have never felt better in my life. In 26 lbs I will be at my high school weight . That is my new goal !!

Replies

• Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I would believe the second. Keep up the good work
  • CassidyScaglione
    CassidyScaglione Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Stop when you're happy. Sounds like friend A is just being jealous anyways.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Why not both?

I think I look older after my weight loss - there's nothing there to puff out the wrinkles. That is my honest assessment. That said, I think I look good (great might be a stretch) and feel better than I have in a long time.
  • baroquepop
    baroquepop Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    It'll take a little time for people who are used to you looking a certain way to adjust and a full face sometimes looks younger to some people but that doesn't mean you really look old, you probably look different. Give them time to adjust and do what you want. Congratulations getting the excess weight off and feeling better! Good going!
  • vimothblack
    vimothblack Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    If you feel healthy that should be the important thing
  • GsKiki
    GsKiki Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    If you're feeling healthy and satisfied, keep up with your plan.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,485 Member
    Options
    Keep going.

Your face will eventually catch up with you to a certain degree.
    When I first lost my weight it would have been kind if you had said I looked haggard. However after 6-9 months my face adjusted and it now looks a lot better.
    Do I miss a more fuller face? Yes. Would I like to go back to my fifty, fat and frumpy unfit body? No way.

Cheers, h.