Olive Garden or Red Lobster help

Options
Hey guys I'm going to Olive Garden or red lobster today for fathers day. What should I get that is healthy and will fill me up in any of the two?

Replies

• Kelblue1
    Kelblue1 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    At Red Lobster I like the Sailors platter. but I get the fish broiled and the shrimp grilled instead of fried! It's yummy!
  • llpruitt
    llpruitt Posts: 5
    Options
    I would suggest checking out their sites and looking at the nutrional values before deciding.
  • sportsjunkee70
    sportsjunkee70 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    it is always a safe bet to order chicken, fish, or any other lean meat GRILLED with no sauces or pastas. Always ask for that kind of stuff to be on the side so that way you control how much of it you eat. Have a great day
  • agleckle
    agleckle Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Stay away from the breadsticks/cheese biscuits at either place!! You even have to pay attention to Olive Garden's unlimited salad because they just load it with dressing and it isn't fat free! If you get pasta at Olive Garden, stick with tomato based sauces and don't eat the whole bowl since they serve ridiculously sized portions. At either place, I would try to customize your own meal by sticking to grilled chicken or fish and getting steamed veggies. If you get fish at Red Lobster, stay away from the butter. I know this is all pretty obvious stuff but I hope it helps. Have fun! :)
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    Red lobster is probably going to be easiest, but at eaither place, look for a broiled/grilled meat with steamed veggies. If you get salad, get the dressing on the side so you can control how much you use. Stay away from the bread, sauces, pasta, etc.... Avoid dessert ( or see if someone else will let you have a few bites of theirs - that way you don't feel deprived, and you get the taste, without excessive calories).
  • BabyDuchess
    BabyDuchess Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I'm going to Red Lobster for dinner today too and I'm having:
    Salmon - Wood Grilled 1/2 Portion,
    Side Salad w/Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
    Skewer of Maple Glazed Shrimp, 1 skewer
    Fresh Broccoli

Less than 600 calories. :flowerforyou:
  • coolsmartygirl
    coolsmartygirl Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    For me there's a high chance of going to Outback Steakhouse and I am sooo bad there. My usual [which I haven't had since my birthday] is their biggest sirloin steak with two baked potatoes... as my brother said he'd tell his mom "sure id love to come to dinner, but amanda can't come"