skipping breakfast

Options
ok, so I know they say breakfast is the most important meal of the day...and I usually have a good healthy breakfast every morning. But what if I am not hungry...should I force myself to eat?

Replies

• dorisholaway
    dorisholaway Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Maybe just eat a little fruit and some kind of granola bar or something.
  • jbucci1186
    jbucci1186 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    yes. force yourself. eating breakfast kickstarts your metabolism. eventually, you will be hungry when you wake up. i think it took about a month or so of just forcing myself before i started to actually feel hungry in the morning. i started with those kellogg's protein shakes because it was easier to drink something than eat it.
  • JaycrazyRose
    JaycrazyRose Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Like you I am not thaet hungry in the morning when I wake up but when I get to work I sometimes get that urge, I have a granola bar with my tea. I used to drink the McDonalds Frappe's but I stopped those when I decided that i really wanted to lose the weight. And I have lost weight since I stopped drinking them as they are loaded with Sugar. :happy:

This is what I used to drink in the mornings that I stopped. It also saved me $3.50 a day.

Calories 680 Sodium 200 mg
    Total Fat 28 g Potassium 0 mg
    Saturated 18 g Total Carbs 96 g
    Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber 1 g
    Monounsaturated 0 g Sugars 87 g
    Trans 1 g Protein 10 g
    Cholesterol 80 mg
    Vitamin A 20% Calcium 35%
    Vitamin C 0% Iron 4%
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I agree. Grab a banana or something. By skipping breakfast you will either 1) feel sluggish the rest of the morning and/or 2) gorge on unhealthy quick foods at lunch because you'll be starving by then.
  • Claible
    Claible Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Eat a little something even if it is a piece of toast. If you don't you will most likely over eat later.
  • mynameisuntz
    mynameisuntz Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    No, breakfast is not necessary and has absolutely zero bearing on "kickstarting your metabolism."

Your BMR runs all day, every second of every day, whether you are sitting still or moving around.
  • mapexdrummer69
    Options
    Meal size, timing, and frequency are irrelevant in the context of proper daily nutrition. There is no need to eat breakfast unless it's convenient for you or if you are simply hungry. I don't get hungry till afternoon, so that's when I start eating.