working so hard but worried i wont loose any weight!

Options
I AM WORKING HARD THIS WEEK AND STAYING BELOW MY CALORIES AND EXERCISING ON MY STATIONARY BIKE BUT I AM SCARED WHEN I WEIGHT MYSELF ON SUNDAY THAT I WONT LOOSE ANY WEIGHT! I WORKED OUT HARD AND STAYED BELOW MY CALORIES LAST WEEK BUT I GAINED A COUPLE POUNDS!

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]125726.png[/url]
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• ONAMISSION
    Options
    I AM WORKING HARD THIS WEEK AND STAYING BELOW MY CALORIES AND EXERCISING ON MY STATIONARY BIKE BUT I AM SCARED WHEN I WEIGHT MYSELF ON SUNDAY THAT I WONT LOOSE ANY WEIGHT! I WORKED OUT HARD AND STAYED BELOW MY CALORIES LAST WEEK BUT I GAINED A COUPLE POUNDS!

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]125726.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Dont' go too far below your recommended calories...that could by why you haven't lost!
  • trajef31
    Options
    :happy: You are more than likely gaining musle. Hang in there, I find myself in the same boat. I seen where someone on here said that the scale is the DEVIL! Get a tape measure. I have started doing that, and I see a difference!

God bless,:love::flowerforyou:
  • tflint
    tflint Posts: 1
    Options
    :frown: At least you are working hard. I seem to get my self out of a funk and get motivated. When I got in the scaIe it didn't move from when I started last week.
  • ONAMISSION
    Options
    I ALMOST WANT TO STOP WORKING IF THAT IS WHY I AM NOT LOOSING ANY WEIGHT. SO I CAN SEE THE SCALE GO DOWN!!!!
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Don't stop and give up! You can do this! Drink plenty of water and stay on the calories like you are supposed to and when you exercise eat your exercise calories. Good luck!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    First of all, get over being 'scared'. If the scale has that much control over your self esteem, stop getting on the scale and start working on your self-image. Otherwise you'll never be happy with yourself regardless of the number on the scale.

Secondly, you can't expect to lose weight each week. The body doesn't run on math--if that were true we could just eat zero calories and fat would come right off. Instead, our metabolism slows to match our caloric intake and we either don't lose anything, or lose a lot of muscle with the fat.

Third, it takes a LONG TIME to gain muscle, and EXTRA calories. It's a nice thought to assume that you gained 2lbs of muscle in a week just from exercising, but it's not physiologically possible for any person not using steroids. So don't stop exercising because you think you're putting on muscle--you're not.

Finally, you need to eat what MFP tells you to eat. They build in a 500-1000 calorie deficit, so failing to eat your exercise calories, or worse, eating under 1200 a day, will result in a loss of muscle mass and a slowing of your metabolism, which will make fat loss nearly impossible.
  • roshong06
    roshong06 Posts: 196
    Options
    I think you shouldn't sike yourself up for "the weigh in" I also agree with previous statements, Instead of using the scale...get out the old tape measure!
  • bbreault
    Options
    ahhh, i just posted to same type of question!!! haha i'm going to read the replies you got and hopefully i'll learn something! don't worry, at least you're not alone! :)