Harder to lose when 50 yrs old! Requesting friends

2»

Replies

• kitchenwitch04
    kitchenwitch04 Posts: 4 Member
    I just started MFP on January 10th. I am 53 yrs old and want to lose around 55 lbs. I have lost 14 lbs so far. I don't have anyone here to help me stay focused or share encouragement with, but would love to meet some people who are in my age group and have similar goals. This is quite a challenge for me because I have sat behind a desk for 25 yrs and have never been a very active person. I joined the YMCA on the 10th as well and started walking on the treadmill and riding the stationary bike. I now go to one of the aerobics groups that meets 5 days a week and it is a lot of fun even though I can't do everything and have to modify a lot. I recently purchased a 70 lb punching bag, a kettle ball and some hand weights so I can also work out at home. I could really use some friends to keep me going when I get caught up in the numbers on the scale.
  • trishtlc0325
    trishtlc0325 Posts: 2 Member
    Hello! Trish here. Just trying to figure out this app. Would like to share encouragements and would like to find someone to stop me when a donut is calling my name!
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    I'm 54, got down to 15% body fat. My trainer is 53 is at 4% body fat for competition. Whatever you want to do can be done. We just think that when we get older it gets harder. We might injure easier if we are not in shape but that is true for EVERYONE! Go for it