challenge: Log ALL the things for the next 7 days

who else wants to?

My scale hasn't been moving and I feel like I need a kick in the butt. I plan to log every stupid little thing until Wednesday PM. Every bite,lick, taste, little bit of this, little bit of that. Weighing when possible, measuring when not possible or practical.

Replies

• amyr271
    amyr271 Posts: 343 Member
    Why is this different from normal? I thought that was the whole point of this site?
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    I've been logging all the things since March of last year. Challenge accepted and won. :)
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    If your not already logging it all that is the reason you are not losing
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    I even log my stupid vitamins, so I already log all the stupid things! LOL :)

If you log IT AND stay in a calorie deficit, the scale will move guaranteed.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    I logged all the things for over 500 days, lost, maintained, started a bulk...now I'm taking a break lol.

Girl-get logging! That's what this is all about.
  • LifeNewandImproved
    LifeNewandImproved Posts: 125 Member
    I AM - I just haven't been doing things like Crystal Light, (10 cals), cold eeze when I'm sick (18), sheesh. thought I was being positive
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    AceofIvies wrote: »
    I AM - I just haven't been doing things like Crystal Light, (10 cals), cold eeze when I'm sick (18), sheesh. thought I was being positive

You are! We are just pushing you along. There comes a time when those 20 calorie things add up and make a difference! You got this.
  • hartmamp
    hartmamp Posts: 80 Member
    I admit that I don't log probably as carefully as I should... but the scale has continued to drop slowly so no complaints YET. But if I log 100g of carrots but it was really 110, I don't change it because I'm lazy.
  • Clobern80
    Clobern80 Posts: 714 Member
    I love the positive attitude, so if it is something you already haven't been doing, it is a great goal to have. Hopefully you extend beyond the 7 days and do it as long as necessary. I log anything that passes my lips because it all adds up in the end. Good luck!
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    MommyL2015 wrote: »
    I've been logging all the things since March of last year. Challenge accepted and won. :)

Same!! :D
  • Lostcoastline
    Lostcoastline Posts: 21 Member
    I'm with you. I'm terrible about logging and I'm not losing weight. Time for me to actually use this site the right way. :)
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    983 day streak of accounting for everything humanly possible. Yesterday I was at Costco, ate a sample, scanned the box, and logged my estimate of the quantity! OCD? Maybe a bit...
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    amyr271 wrote: »
    Why is this different from normal? I thought that was the whole point of this site?

Every day a new thread is started about why they are not losing. Most of the time it is because they are not logging something or they are not logging accurately.

Look how many threads are started about..."Do I need to log fruits/vegetables?".

OP...Good for you. I know in the past when I have stalled the first place that I look is my logging...try to be more accurate...and usually I will start losing again.

I think there are many of us that get complacent over time. We all need that little boost to get back on track.
  • Annie_01
    AceofIvies wrote: »

I am guilty about the crystal light too. I see it more as water and I forget at times that it does have calories.
  • Annie_01
    If your not already logging it all that is the reason you are not losing

I think she realizes this and that is why she is challenging herself and wondering if anyone else wants to join her.
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    I have a month-long challenge like that. Come look at it!
  • Taryn628S
    Taryn628S Posts: 7 Member
    Don't listen to negative people! I feel you, I have a toddler and it's easy for me to grab a few of her goldfish or.finish off her plate and not log those little bites. I'm still losing weight but I know when I look at my nutrient breakdown it's not always accurate. I too need to be better about logging everything, add me and we can do this! Not just for 7 days!