IBS

Options
I have recently been dx'ed with IBS. I can go months with out a problem working out and eating right. Then I have an "attack" and am unable to to do anything for a week or more. Does this happen to anyone else? What do you do when it does?:cry:

Replies

• AprilMLowe
    AprilMLowe Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Hi,

IBS can be realy tricky just get aggravated for now reason at all! Do you eat yogurt? Maybe a probiotic over the counter might help! I hear you when your health gets in the way of exercising properly! I hope this helps M:flowerforyou: y Dear Friend!

April
  • misssmiles
    misssmiles Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I also suffer from IBS... It sucks! I've had days where i've had to leave the gym because of tummy attacks. My best advice for you is to listen to your body. I've started drinking Shakeology by Beachbody and that has helped too. Good luck to you! I will be sending a friend request.
  • ajfdolphin
    Options
    Yep that's me too IBS :( I myself have recently started to cut back on my lactose intake, switching to almond or flax milk. This is still very healthy only like 90 calories/serving. I also was having severe bloating and gas and have tried to cut out as much gluten as possible. this seems to also have helped. Probiotics are supposed to be good. I tried Align which I guess only has one probiotic, I may try another probiotic from a pharmacy that has 7 probiotics, it's supposed to be better. But I noticed no difference on Align. Hope this helps. LOok for a friend request :)
  • Genie30
    Genie30 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Me too. Mine is worse when I'm stressed (or just after the stress has passesd). I also have certain food triggers like cheese, white wheat and greasy food. Normally if I minimise my triggers I'm OK but when it's bad I take Fybogel Mebeverine to control the spasms. I've recently discovered that sometimes I've been confusing IBS symptoms with hunger and that taking the Fybogel helps control that as well.

Did your doctor recommend keeping a food diary to see what foods agravate your condition? If you mark when you've had an attack next to the meal you've just eaten it can help you see whats upsetting you.
  • Kristin9902
    Kristin9902 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    thank you for all your replies...its good to know Im not the only one suffering with this and weight issues too.
  • Kristin9902
    Kristin9902 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    thank you for all your replies...its good to know Im not the only one suffering with this and weight issues too.
  • MrsMills712
    MrsMills712 Posts: 350
    Options
    Yeah, I have had this off and on for about 10 years now, but was too embarrassed to ever go to my doctor about it. Spring 2010 was terrible for me though, and I finally went in and got my diagnosis. My doctor gave me some pills that help. The strange thing about mine is that it's very random. I don't have any particular trigger foods. I can go weeks, or months without having any trouble at all, but then I can have lots of trouble, like last year. From Spring-Fall I was depressed about it, and hardly had a social life. I never left the comfort of my home. I was miserable. Then, last Fall was also when I joined this website. Things improved soo much for me. I feel like I got my life back. I'm hoping that being healthier and more physically active that I will be able to keep future attacks at bay, or at least make them feel more manageable. It is not at all an easy thing to deal with, and I think anyone who has IBS can appreciate some support.