I lost 125 pounds! (before and after pic) it wasn't easy but MFP was a lifesaver!

Starting vs Current
Weight: 305 to 182
Pant size: 44 to 32
Shirt size: 2-3xl to L-M (depends on brand)
Mile time: 12 mins to 7:22

It was tough but so worth it. I am still trying to lose slightly more but I'm about there! Now its about staying the course and continuing to improve myself :)duuessca1b64.jpg

Replies

• worddigger
    worddigger Posts: 79 Member
    So awesome, congratulations!!!!
  • You are great! Keep it up :smiley:
  • mohanj
    mohanj Posts: 381 Member
    WOW! So Awesome. Congratulations. How long did it take you to loose that weight? What did you do to loose the weight..like your diet, exercise etc.,
  • msstuard
    msstuard Posts: 131 Member
    You did awesome. Congratulations !
  • tracefan
    tracefan Posts: 382 Member
    Congratulations. Good for you!!!
  • plushieboo
    plushieboo Posts: 38 Member
    You look great!! Awesome work!!!
  • rgsmi
    rgsmi Posts: 30 Member
    Fantastic, and inspirational! Doesn't look like you need to lose anymore...just like you said, maintain and improve.
  • ravenribbs
    ravenribbs Posts: 288 Member
    FABULOUS!! So very well done! Your diligence is enviable! All best for your continued success..
  • Pusarah
    Pusarah Posts: 124 Member
    Outstanding!! :) What an inspiration, good luck with your future goals! :)
  • Bbearhug
    Bbearhug Posts: 20 Member
    Impressive!! Also, that mile time at that weight is also impressive! Both weights really!
  • classyBC
    classyBC Posts: 16 Member
    Really amazing! Congratulations!
  • LoveToRead91
    LoveToRead91 Posts: 89 Member
    That is amazing! What ended up being your favorite way to workout?
  • efrensgirl2015
    efrensgirl2015 Posts: 480 Member
    That's fabulous! congrats
  • mohanj wrote: »
    WOW! So Awesome. Congratulations. How long did it take you to loose that weight? What did you do to loose the weight..like your diet, exercise etc.,

I lost around 30 pounds in about 6 months. And then found MFP. I started this at 273 in February of last year! So all in all it took about a year and a half but it sped up a lot more when I tracked what I was eating. I try to eat "natural foods". So fruits, vegetables, nuts, unprocessed/lightly processed meats, mainly chicken and fish. I'm not immune to occasionally being lazy and buying a few lean cuisine premade meals.

I stick between 1550 and 1750 ccalories a day (gradually went down from 2200 to 2400 at the beginning) I also have one calculated cheat day a week. Usually Friday. I eat whatever I want but I have to write it down on Thursday. So if I want Brownies or Taco Bell (my old favorite lol) I can but I have to decide exactly how much I'm going to have and what. So I call it a "calculated binge" and it can be up to a 2800 calorie day.

I have found jogging or even walking to be really good exercise. I also like run a mile as fast as I can at least once a week to track that progress. I try to do cardio 2-3 times a week. I also lift weights 1-2 times a week. I don't lift much but try to do a lot of reps.

It might not be the best way for you or anyone else to do it but it worked for me! Thanks for all the support guys! :)
  • gems74
    gems74 Posts: 107 Member
    Well done! Good on you!
  • DetroitDarin
    DetroitDarin Posts: 955 Member
    Just fantastic! You're an inspiration
  • carolyn000000
    carolyn000000 Posts: 179 Member
    super job! you look awesome!
  • larryc0923
    larryc0923 Posts: 557 Member
    Awesome#
  • 75in2013
    75in2013 Posts: 360 Member
    Congrats! You look great!

Now for the difficult part :wink:

It's good that you did this at such a young age. You wont have the same problems with lose skin etc. That "older" people face (like me).
  • kasaz
    kasaz Posts: 274 Member
    Good for you for getting yourself slim and healthy while you are young. The life ahead of you will be so much more enjoyable. Nothing will be holding you back!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!