Burning calories while excercising

Options
What is the best/cheapest product to purchase?

Replies

• CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    A membership to a YMCA. I dont have any equipment at home, but I do know that I am paying by the month to go to a place, so im not going to waste that money. PLUS, you get all the machines, classes, etc you can handle. Best thing- its membership fees are according to your income!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    are you interested in a specific type of exercise? If you want to learn how to do alot of new exercises/classes, you could purchase a gym membership, but it's not necessary--walking and running is free (except for maybe buying a decent pair of shoes)
  • blacktallon
    Options
    I do videos at home :) Even walmart has a good selection.
  • velvetkat
    velvetkat Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    check out your local community center. I know where I live the cities have their own community centers with equipment and classes and are a lot cheaper then the gyms. Some I know have a family membership for $250 for the year. And thats for the entire family!!! I know I pay $35/mon for myself to go to the gym

oh by the way I am in S Florida just in case you might be
  • Meggie_pooh
    Meggie_pooh Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    believe it or not, I have been burning cals like crazy using my Wii. I have Just Dance 1, Just Dance 2, and Zumba for my Wii and I have been dropping weight pretty steadily. The initial investment is the Wii...but the games have come down in cost over the years. I bought my Wii at walmart for $150 and Zumba was $35.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Check out free / cheap videos first. Try to get a handle on what exercise you like to do.

ExerciseTV.com (ComcastOnDemand for cable)
    Netflix
    Library
    Hulu.com ..... there are tons of vidoes to choose from. Dance, Athletic, Strength, Yoga

If you look at collagevideo.com you can "preview" your choice with a video clip & and see what equipment is required.

The BEST exercise to do is the one that you LIKE to do.

Good luck!
  • vibegirl
    vibegirl Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm enjoying the 30 Day Shred dvd. by Jillian Michaels..20-25 min...of circuit training...really a great workout and only on day 6 and I can already feel my pants are a little looser, right out of the dryer...lol Anyone can commit to 20-25 min a day..and what's nice is you really feel like you worked out...ie...cardio, strength etc. You can always add in walking or whatever added exercise any time of day.. Available online or at Stores...again...minimal investment. And as someone else said...free DVDs from library too...to give you an idea first.
  • Nekkoli
    Nekkoli Posts: 9
    Options
    I have a gym membership but I recently discovered stairs. Where I live there is a bible college that has 26 flights that consist of 109 steps going uphill, this is the best free workout I have come across so far. In thirty minutes of climbing up and down 7 times I usually burn well over 500 calories, not bad except for the 1 mile walk back home. If it's rainy or stormy I use the stairs in my house which takes me 61 times to climb up and down in thirty minutes burning again well over 500 calories. Thirty minutes is all thats needed because you're too tired to do anything beyond that. I'm into my 3rd week and I'm down 9 lbs and my legs and butt look alot better and feel stronger. The only thing I recommend is adequate rest in between and keep water and a towel handy because you'll sweat like someones poured a bucket of water on ya!
  • jennjenn20
    Options
    My husband and I paid $25 each for a YEAR to workout at the recreation center by our house. They have nice equipment and even have different classes for an additional fee.
  • maryd4love
    maryd4love Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I am sorry. I guess I didn't explain myself very well. I am wanting to purchase something that will help me keep track of the amount of calories I burn while exercising.
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    polar ft4 hrm