Any bridesmaids? Or slimming down for an event?

Options

Replies

• moranjmmj
    moranjmmj Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    ravanhorn wrote: »
    I am not going to an event per say, but going to the beach. I went last year and hated being in a suit at the pool and beach. I did not want to wear shorts, and I'm not going to be that person this year. I read a quote I am remembering when I don't want to exercise... "This summer you can be fit or you can be jealous." I have logged for one week straight and I've been exercising since January. I'm aiming for June. Only four months, but here we go!

@ravanhorn
    Great quote! Love it and am totally printing that and putting it on my mirror.
  • jmbrown090
    jmbrown090 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Aside from health reasons and sick of not fitting into anyyyyy cute clothes any more, in October I'm going to Europe for the first time with my husband (our honeymoon... A year later lol!) and I want to actually take pictures and remember it. I hate having pictures taken now because of how I look so I want to change that by then :) almost halfway there too! (Started back in September)
  • Mapalicious
    Mapalicious Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I'm a soon-to-be-bride...getting married in August.

I'm happy with my weight (7 lbs less wouldn't be bad, but it's no biggie), BUT I am working on toning my arms and upper body. Dresses these days are revealing, and it's going to be a hot day!

• KrazedBemused
    KrazedBemused Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Bridesmaid here!! Super excited. I was already on a lifestyle change mission when I was asked. Hoping to drop a dress size....even two before November. BM dresses are relatively flattering but I would really like to tone my arms/shoulders also.
  • kirili5
    kirili5 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello, everyone!

How should we do this? Should we stay accountable weekly? How about every Saturday?

Opening weight:

Weight: 78.5 kg

Goal: just to head on down! 60 kg.

If you guys are into it, we could post what we are now and weigh have our first weigh in on

13/2/2016

• KrazedBemused
    Options
    I'm keen to stay accountable.

Opening weight:

Weight: 93.9kg

Goal: 80 kg.
  • awagner72113
    awagner72113 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm actually a bride trying to get ready to go find a dress in June
  • marykate290491
    marykate290491 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm a bride next June, started January getting my bum into gear. Hopefully slow and steady wins the race!
    Starting weight: 157lb
    Goal Weight: 135lb
    Current: 149lb
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    SW: 210(in 2009, this has taken me a while)
    CW:145
    GW: 140

I am close to goal but then need to add muscle!! I am 5'7" so 140 will put me in the middle of my healthy BMI.
  • allyheidi
    allyheidi Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Yes, I would love some accountability!
    SW: 185
    GW: 150
    CW: 175
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    yup I'm in my best friend's wedding in June.. hoping to lose 20lbs by then! already down 5.5 :)
  • evivahealth
    evivahealth Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Count me in :) I'm returning home to visit and to be a bridesmaid at my big brother's wedding!

It will have been almost two years since I have seen any of my friends and family, which is proving to be the big motivation - add to that the fact that I'll be in a one shoulder dress as a bridesmaid at my only brother's wedding and well, you can imagine how focused I'm feeling!

Height: 160cm / 5'2"

SW: 90kg / 200lb (2012)
    CW: 67.4kg / 149lb
    GW: 61kg / 134lb

"Due" date: 17 June 2016
  • luv2bowl6
    luv2bowl6 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I am bridesmaid in August in Florida.. I need to drop about 40 lbs. I could use all the encouragement I can get.
  • shannonhartist
    shannonhartist Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm losing weight for health reasons, but it's my grandmother's vow renewal end of March so I'd love to drop a dress size by then :)
  • karlis87
    karlis87 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    My brother is getting married next month. So I'm trying to stick to my diet and exercise plan as strictly as possible to lose what I can.
    CW: 147
    5'7"
  • beckyml1980
    beckyml1980 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I am a bridesmaid in my sisters wedding. It isn't until July 2017 so I have time. Would love any friends who do more then just 'like' activity. Looking for people who comment on activity as I do.

Sw 184
    Gw 135
    Cw 149
  • KrazedBemused
    Options
    @beckyml1980 I only joined MFP yesterday but am looking to be an active member, send me a friend request if you like.
  • hotelsix
    hotelsix Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I would love some support :) I'm slimming down for myself but also for my very best friends wedding in October of this year. I am 5'7"
    SW 185lbs
    CW 148
    GW 130
  • alismommy1992
    alismommy1992 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Not a wedding but i will be going on vacation to texas in may to celebrate my daughters 2nd bday with my fiancee family i went to meet them last august and omg i was the chunkiest female there felt pretty bad all his family have more then two kids and have model bodies and i only have one and still look pregnant lol
  • jseltzer108
    jseltzer108 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have a formal to go to in May and I'm trying to lose 30 pounds for it. We should help motivate each other. We can do it. Feel free to add me :)