43+ hrs without a cigarette and so close to giving into 1

Options
Sooooooooo close to opening a pack that I've left shut almost 2 days.

Replies

• juliamariep
    Options
    You can do it! Just think about how much better life will be when you don't need to depend on that pack! If you make don't open that box, soon enough, you won't WANT to open that box. Just think of how great it will be not to depend on something!

YOU CAN DO IT!
    great job!
  • helenoftroy1
    helenoftroy1 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    DON'T!!!!! They say the first three days is the hardest after that the nicotine has left your body and your body repairs itself.
    Go for a walk and breathe in fresh clean air and then see if you want one. Do NOT have an alcoholic beverage.
    Please don't do it!
    Good luck
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    Throw the cigarettes in the sink, soak them, and throw them away.
  • cfinley21
    cfinley21 Posts: 18
    Options
    IM going on 52 hours! Chew some gum!
  • MissConfidence
    Options
    Don't do it! Just don't. Get that thought out of your mind NOW! It's not an option, so don't think of it that way. Take a walk, get some fresh air. You are so close to getting over "that" stage, and once you're over it you will never look back. Trust me... 43+ is awesome, you should be proud of yourself so far! :)
  • MrBrown72
    MrBrown72 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    No giving in! You are stronger than it is!
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Instructions:
    1. Take pack of cigs
    2. Open it
    3. Turn faucet on
    4. Place cigs under running water
    5. Saturate cigs
    6. Smile 'cause you know you can't smoke them now

Seriously...get rid of them. Having them there is a temptation that you don't need. Good luck!!!
  • annie3372
    annie3372 Posts: 14
    Options
    it is really all in the mind...I stopped smoking October 4th 2008...I used to tell people that the craving for a cigarette was like being really hungry, opening a fridge full of delicious food, and staring at it, then closing it and walking away without eating anything. Its like a nagging "want" in your tummy.
    I know there will be times of the day when you will associate having a smoke, driving to work, with a cup of coffee etc...its all about changing your habits in your head....
    Stay strong...it will be so worth it.
    Ever rea? Alan Carr's book on stopping smoking. He writes a chapter outlining all the benefits of stopping the smokes...then ends it by saying the next chapter is all about the benefits of continuing to smoke...and it is 6 blank pages.!
  • smota
    smota Posts: 62
    Options
    You need an app like I got! Just yesterday I posted saying that the app I got on my phone helped me sooo much!

I quit on the 6th february... Today it says:

'Time since you quit: 133d, 13:27:03secs

Money saved: £614.05'

Find one online NOW!
  • chicpower1
    chicpower1 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    HANG IN THERE! I failed. Went all day Friday without any and was doing great but once the husband came home--and was around all day--with his ciggs I caved. Totally doing it again tomorrow though! It's new day and I'm trying again. I won't stop trying until I win the war. You can do it! You're way ahead of me! Just one more day honey and it will be out of your system. If you can make it through the first 72 hours it's all mental from there.
  • NancyAnne1960
    NancyAnne1960 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Hang in there, be tough!!! So proud of you!!! You Can do it!!! Small steps in everything, just think how far you've gotten so far!!
  • Jennical
    Jennical Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    That's the worst thing to do...to take that 1.... some years ago I managed to stop for 10 days and decided to have one just for old time's sake... and that was a huge mistake for me.. Today I am still smoking...around a pack and a half per day... Maybe I need to try again.....But you're doing great......follow the advice of others here and throw them away..... I am always tempted because my husband smokes and isn't willing to give it up...
  • nikkircaddell
    Options
    the hardest part is doing it while my bf is in Michigan because I've never been alone in my life this long and its driving me nuts i feel all alone like i lost my bf and the cigs all at once and i keep being a ***** to him on the phone for not being here and i feel really bad cuz all he is trying to do is see his family. Keep thinkin mayb i should try again once hes home so i quit ruining his family time. Sighs. I;m just so close dont wanna start over again but tired of feelin like crap and makin him feel like crap too.
  • marydude
    marydude Posts: 5
    Options
    You can do it!! Keep your quit going! That's just your body screaming for a nicotine fix....you're in charge - you choose - Choose freedom!! Lots of on-line smoking cessation support - google it and check them out. The more you know about nicotine and the health risks of smoking - the more you'll know you want to stay quit! I did it - seven years ago - after smoking more than a pack a day for 24 years....just get through today smoke-free and worry about tomorrow when it gets here - just one day at a time!! You CAN do it!!!
  • liezelcha
    liezelcha Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Breaking that habit was the hardest and the BEST thing I've ever done in my life. Nothing feels better than not being chained to that little pack!! You can do it!! Believe...............
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    If it gets your mind off of smoking, you can imagine me naked.

HEEEEYYYY!!!!! STOP LAUGHING!!! smiley-sad031.gif
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! You've done a great job so far!
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Throw the cigarettes in the sink, soak them, and throw them away.

THIS! Would you start a diet with a chocolate cake sitting on the counter? No. RUIN the cigs, then go for a walk (and not to a store).

If you give in now, you'll have suffered for 43 hours for no reason. You're almost 2/3 way through the first/worst 3 days. If you give up now, you'll have to start ALL OVER.
  • sophs87
    sophs87 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I know that everyone has written really encouraging stuff but I also just have to join them. I quit 3 weeks ago and it is THE BEST thing I have ever done. To finally feel free of the disgusting weed is glorious, enlightening... there is just no words! I take it we are all on here to lose weight or at least get our bodies in the best shape possible? Now imagine going for a run and your lungs breathing in the clear air and not feeling wheezy or breathless. Imagine waking up in the morning and your mouth not feeling like an ashtray. What more can I say? Please hang on in there.

Also - I couldn't have done this without an electric cigarette. This is not some shameless plug; but honestly check it out. http://www.e-lites.co.uk/ it makes it a hell of a lot easier.

YOU CAN DO DISSSSSS!!!!!!
  • lauz45
    lauz45 Posts: 243
    Options
    Keeping this page for motivation for when I finally quit! It's so much harder living with a smoker, but my plan is to quit in 3 weeks when I finish my apprenticeship - 14 people in my training group and 9 smokers going outside 4 times a day to smoke, it's tough!

The stupid thing is I quit for 7 years and started again with this job :( Smoking's evil, sooo expensive (in the UK anyway, we're talking $10.50 a pack!) and looks horrible. Plus it ages you, gives you nasty stained teeth, and if you smoke indoors, makes your house smell and creates dust everywhere.

You can do it!