What ways do you celebrate or signify making benchmark goals?

Options
I'm just curious how people celebrate when they hit certain benchmarks (every 10 pounds lost, or breaking below a certain number, or dropping a pant/dress size, or whatever you measure success against).

Do you make a visual display for reaching goals along the way - stack cans/bags of sand with the weight you lost, post pictures of your progress on the fridge, or other visual reminders?

Do you celebrate by having a special meal, buy yourself something, go somewhere special?

I'm just curious what other people do.

Replies

• KJfromCali
    KJfromCali Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    My first time around I bought a piece of jewelry every 10 pounds. Very girly I know. So, I started with a bracelet then a necklace and earrings etc. My goal was to have a whole set once I reach my goal weight. I liked it because it was highly visible. In fact, now that I'm saying this I think I will do the same this time. LOL!
  • charlotteah06
    charlotteah06 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My first goal is a 50lb loss, I'm 4lbs away! And my treat is my second set ear piercings :blush:
  • zira91
    zira91 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    1. i have a blackboard with the total pounds countdown from starter pound down to goal weight listed. I cross every pound that ive lost.. Its feels good to see that the list has become a lot shorter now.. from SW 174 lbs to 138 lbs CW. Its a good reminder as well.
    2. i keep picture progress a well. and body measurement too. Once a month.
    3. I do buy something for myself every 10 pounds. Usually something that i would really reluctant to buy in daily basis.
  • evivahealth
    evivahealth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I usually post on here if it's a big one - just recently added a post about having lost 25% of my body weight! And then I celebrated by going and buying myself a new outfit to show off my progress :) No point losing the weight if no one can tell because you're still wearing the same old baggy clothes!
  • jlz_jlz
    jlz_jlz Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I tell people who know I'm trying! They get excited about how excited I am! I'll also be buying myself some cute jeans when I hit my bigger goals
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm a chick so I'll hit up Sephora and buy myself a new lipstick or blush. But since you're a dude...maybe treat yourself to a new piece of technology? I have no idea what dudes like to buy themselves..
  • shmulyeng
    shmulyeng Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I was so broke buying new clothes I didn't have money for any celebration :smile:
    But then again, just being able to shop in any store and on any site was celebration enough.
  • cjdecz
    cjdecz Posts: 30 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Every time I complete a program and meet my set goals I purchase something from my personal wish list. For example, I've wanted bluetooth headphones to replace my old gym headphones, so when I completed my 6-week shred program last summer (dropped to 9% bf and reaching my goal of <10%bf) I got them.
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I started out with rewards at every 10lbs but since I've lost a lot and it's harder, I have amended it to every 5lbs. I mostly bought exercise related stuff (elliptical, recumbent bike, weights, incline bench, kettleball etc., but I have also bought nice jewelry. I'm exceedingly aware of my progress, (especially when I'm behind) however I like to use the ticker on MFP to help track weight. I also us Model My Diet. I look forward to entering in my weight when I loose and watch the figure get thinner and thinner. I take measurements as well. That helps a lot.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I'll buy new clothes when I need them and I will mention it to my husband and *possibly* in an MFP status update, but I don't do anything really big about it.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    buying new clothes when hitting those milestones is always fun, and purging the old, big ones is even more satisfying!!!
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Once my pants get to the point where I don't need to unbutton them to pull them down, it's time for new clothes! I used to HATE shopping for clothes. Now that I'm 5 sizes smaller, it gets better and better each time. Great confidence boost when you go into the fitting room and everything you try on is either too big (for a change) or just right when you thought it would be too small!
  • samchez0
    samchez0 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I don't do anything really. I plan to take a new progress pic when I hit 15 to 20 lbs lost but that's just so I can see the physical changes side by side. Ots sometimes hard to notice gradual changes in the mirror.
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    Clothes :)
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    When I hit my goal weight, and not a kilogram before, I'll see if anything in my wardrobe still fits, and shop accordingly. If all my jeans are too big, I'll calculate and buy a couple of pairs in my new size. Same thing for a coat if needed, etc etc.