Jillian's Yoga Meltdown

Options
KanCrav
KanCrav Posts: 439 Member
Hey guys, I need your help!~! I dont have an HRM and I am doing Jillian Micheals Yoga meltdown. I was wondering if there is anyone out there that has done this before and used an HRM. Im not sure how to log it. I tried just regular yoga and it says that I will burn 100ish in 25min. BUT it is HARDDD and I feel like it has to be more than that!~! I weigh 140 and im 5'2... i dont know if that makes much difference.

THanks!~!

Replies

• KanCrav
    Options
    Just Kidding.... It says I will burn 104 calories in 40 minutes!~!~!~! Please tell me its more that THAN!~!
  • SherryGirl
    SherryGirl Posts: 40
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing?
  • Ashleypeterson37
    Ashleypeterson37 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    When I do it with a HRM, I burn 300 cals!
  • Jillian1104
    Jillian1104 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I just log it as regular yoga in MFP. i figure I'd probably be low than overestimate and eat too much for the day. Glad I'm not the only one that thinks its hard though! ;-)
  • KanCrav
    Options
    Ashely, I like that... i want it to be 300. Lol. Im hungry today and I want those calories!~!
  • ShannonWinger
    ShannonWinger Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I log mine as power yoga.
  • ruhimaach
    ruhimaach Posts: 171
    Options
    I've only done Level 1 once and I burned around 275 calories. I am 5'1.5" and probably weighed somewhere in early 150s.
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I think I burn around 200 calories and I'm 5'7' and weigh 163 pounds. I think that you have definitely burned more than 100 calories, because Jillian's Yoga has a cardio aspect to it -- while the yoga you tried to log it as is most likely lower impact and slow-paced.

I'd enter it as around 150 calories, then get an HRM asap. I know that you want to have burned 300 calories, but there's no way to know for sure based on estimates. If you're going to eat your exercise calories back, it's better to underestimate than overestimate.
  • Robin1117
    Robin1117 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    I just did this yesterday and am sad to say only burned 135 calories in L 1 (used my HRM)
  • AimeeCofer
    Options
    I'm 5'4 129.... I wear a heart rate monitor when I do yoga meltdown... I've been doing level 1 for about 2 weeks now, I burned 181 cals in the 30 min session (I'm getting pretty good at it now). I switched to level 2 today and I only burned 121 cals in 30 min. but maybe because I was trying to learn the moves etc... I dunno..