Any Seniors or persons of 'mature age' trying this out?

Options
Hi everyone. I am actually in my senior years (63) and determined to get back in shape. My wife & I are trying live healthier so we can enjoy our retirement years, which we hope will start in 2-3 years. I haven't noticed many on here that look or admit to anyway being a senior. Say hello if you feel the urge. Watch your calorie intake and exercise as often as you can.

Replies

• Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    There are lots of us here. Many of us are committed to being healthier and stronger in our "senior" years. Good luck to you and your wife and let me know if I can help in any way!/Cindy
  • 1956suzyq
    1956suzyq Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am 59 and looking to improve my health as well.
  • Jackie248534
    Jackie248534 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 61 and just started my journey to lose 100 lbs by the end of the year.
  • CarlnSandy
    CarlnSandy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Its a relief to know I'm not the only one that is striving to be healthier. Let's all stick together and lose those pounds together!!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    60 yo female, 130 pounds lost in 20 months, 20 left to goal.
  • joevai
    joevai Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 67. Just found this site and it looks promising
  • spinnerdell
    spinnerdell Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    69 years old, lost 60 pounds in the past four years. I dropped 35 pounds by cutting portions, then joined this site and lost another 25 by weighing and logging everything I eat. Yes, it's been a slow slog, but I feel so much better and continue to work on those last 10 stubborn pounds. My knees thank me and I thank mfp.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    62 years old and proud and strong!
  • aamb
    aamb Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    i'll be 60 on my birthday, but I hope I don't act like it lol. I have dropped 41lbs in a year, (not all of it on here), and plan on losing another 14lbs at least by the end of june (cuba bound on 30th)
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Hello! 62 and doing this for my second (and last!) time. I hate to admit I'm a senior, but there's no denying it anymore. I've been fairly fit all my life, but I just like to eat too much. Currently watching how much I eat and getting lots of exercise in the form of hiking and skiing almost daily. Welcome aboard and I'm glad you are doing this with your wife.
  • nanclarebarnes
    nanclarebarnes Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 64 and need to lose 30 lbs. for my back and general well being. Have tried many diets in my lifetime. Starting again!
  • CarlnSandy
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Awesome to hear from all of you. I am blessed with good health in general and determined to do what I can to stay that way, by eating smarter and getting plenty of exercise. I'm 63 and not ashamed of it. Like the old cliche says, There may be snow on the roof but there is still a fire in the chimney.
  • Kyotojunkie
    Kyotojunkie Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I prefer to call myself an ageing juvenile! I'm 69 and live in Plymouth UK. Only been here for 2 weeks but lost 1Kg (2.2lbs) so pleased with progress so far. If you need another pal, here I am!
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    Started last July (2015) at 60. Now (61 January 23), down 31 pounds (220 to 189) waist size from 42 to 36 inches, lifting heavier, completing workouts I couldn't just a few weeks ago, co-workers worrying I could be sick, (I'm not the weight loss is intentional, "really, how did you do it?"). Why? Wanted to feel better. Call yourself a "senior" I'm still young, and want to able to act like it.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of us here.
    I began here almost 4 years ago @ age 60. Morbidly obese @ 290#. Lost over 160# and have been on maintenance for a little over 2 years. Husband lost about 50# total just eating what I eat, and went from borderline type 2 diabetic to normal blood work. Our daughter called us her "incredible shrinking parents". We are healthier, and looking forward to retirement as well. 65 @ the end of September. Tentative retirement date 12/31/16 (crossed fingers).
    Best of luck to all the "boomers". We can do this!
  • CarlnSandy
    Options
    Right on sister boomer!