Day 1 of my long journey

Options
Today I woke up not feeling happy about my appearance and wanted to change. It's been ten months since I had a smoke but gained a grip of weight. Now it's time to make the long haul change for healthy living. I'm 30 years old and currently weigh 316 lbs. Over this next year trying to get down to 200 lbs. Food is my addiction after quiting cigarettes but from here on in I am going to keep track of this and lose all the weight I can. Keep me in prayers hopefully I can make it all the way !!!

Replies

• dwulet130
    dwulet130 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Good Luck!
  • mikaiten
    mikaiten Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Congrats on starting your journey! Good luck! :)
  • NesCastanon
    NesCastanon Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    you can do it man. One day at a time
  • Hotelsma
    Hotelsma Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Jason

Good luck. I to also started my journey last week and was derailed by the news that I had to have an operation and could miss out on a stag do with 16 other mates however I picked myself up today and will keep going.
  • Ohwhynot
    Ohwhynot Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    One meal at a time! You got this!
  • Chaagy
    Chaagy Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    If you can conceive it, and you believe it, you can achieve it. Rock it this year.
  • kmbrvt99
    kmbrvt99 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You got this! Lots of support here on MFP
  • donsbetterhlf
    donsbetterhlf Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You got this!!! Good luck!!!
  • MissDeeDee78
    MissDeeDee78 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Hey there, my uncle was the same way as soon as he quit smoking he started eating. There is lots of support here on MFP. Remember this is a journey and we may go off course at times/fall off the wagon, just try not to get lost or let the wagon leave you behind. You can do this, you've got this! Cheers! ;)
  • rmerriman721
    rmerriman721 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm rooting for you. I started at 346 lbs 19 months ago. I've lost 118 lbs. I lost about 90 in the first year. I've completely reversed my diabetes, cured my gout, ended debilitating migraines, stopped feeling fatigued all the time, lowered my blood pressure and a number of other ailments. This was all done by primarily changing my mindset on eating. I've got 30 lbs to go. There are dozens of things I could tell you that I have learned through the process but the one thing I can say is that you can't think of it as a crash diet to lose a lot of weight. You have to decide that you are making a lifestyle change that you are going to continue for the rest of your life. When you eat healthy good tasting low calorie foods that satisfy your appetite, it is easy to do. If you constantly feel like you are starving yourself, at some point you will fall off the wagon. If you are getting the nutrients your body needs, it won't fight you. It does not have to be that hard. I am happy to share some things that I found work for me. If I was starting this today myself, there are a number of logistical things I would do differently. Just let me know. Good luck.
  • lavagirlangie
    lavagirlangie Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yay, Jason!
  • codsterlaing95
    codsterlaing95 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    When I first started I focused on learning how to cook better meals and how to log properly. Do you have a food scale? Do you have a diet plan in mind? If you get stuck just come here for help. Good luck!
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    You can do this skip the long part just picture new lifestyle actually healthy eating can be good
    I've yoyoed 28 years lost and gained so much in my life I'm annoyed at myself
    So I'm going to change my outlook

No more DIETS
    I CAN do this
    One day at a time
    NEED support so will find it

I'm looking to support people & support them back so please accept my request I'll be by your side

I've 60lbs to go at least
    :)
  • Walkingoffthelbs
    Walkingoffthelbs Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Good Luck - you can do this!! Great support system here :)