Running Music/apps

Options
I was wondering what kind of music get you motivated when running? What apps (free) do you use to organize your music for a run? I'm just starting out running/walking and I need good jams to keep me pumped!

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,222 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Rock My Run is a great app.

I use MapMyRun and plug in my iTunes play lists to it.

There is also Pandora Free... and I'm not sure if Jango has an app, but I use it to listen to music on my computer at work for free.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Some bangin' nursery rhymes on YouTube....
  • time2cutnow
    time2cutnow Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I use slacker radio. You can get the free version (only 3 skips every couple of hours on each station), or premium for $9.99/month for unlimited skips. With premium you get any song you want, can download countdowns & make playlists to play offline so you're not using data. You can share playlists with your friends too.
  • seiffertrk
    seiffertrk Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I built a playlist where all the songs are the same number of beats per minute (bpm) using this site as a reference: http://jogtunes.com/jtc/jtctuneslist.php. I run in time with the beat and it keeps my cadence consistent.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Spotify has a feature that will play music that automatically adjusts to your cadence, it's pretty convenient.
  • fitdaisygrrl
    fitdaisygrrl Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I have a Google music membership ($10/month) which has endless access to music and I've created and downloaded a running list of music that keeps me going. But I also love using the Chubby Jones couch to 5k podcast and really like the music she uses (and her motivation and personality).
  • Tiddy305
    Tiddy305 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Go to youtube and look for Running Music, Jogging music, comes up with different years too, ie 2015. Download onto a usb and play it on your tele or laptop, or your phone.
  • echmain
    echmain Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    When I do treadmill walking, I listen to trance music on Pandora.

The beat of trance music almost exactly matches my walking pace.
  • scorpio516
    scorpio516 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Sansa Clip+ & windows explorer