Hi Everyone!

Options
Hi, my name is Marilyn. I'm a mom to 2 teenage boys, 16 & 13. Although I've been with My Fitness Pal for a bit now, I never realized this part before. I think it could be great hearing other people's stories and goals. I feel it could be very supportive too. Like myself, I find it hard to stay motivated. I try to go to the gym 4-5 times a week, but it could get boring after awhile doing the same old thing. I think it would be more fun, less boring and more motivating working out with someone. Do any of you feel the same way?

Replies

• angie_kins
    angie_kins Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi Marilyn! I have used MFP on and off for years but just stumbled on the forums section as well. I've had a great time getting involved in conversations and reading peoples' stories. I come to MFP daily for motivation, thinking about eating well and exercising during the day helps me stay on track. I walk an hour during my lunch break and try to run 3-4 times a week. I'm training for a 5K right now. My walking partner has a pinched nerve currently so we're not doing much besides walking for the time being, but as she heals we'll get back to the weights and the HIIT workouts.

What kinds of exercising do you do? Do you run at all?
  • spots8172
    spots8172 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi Angie! Thanks for replying :)
    I'm sorry to hear about your walking/workout buddy. But she'll be back and at it in no time. I wish I had someone to workout with, I just feel it's so much better. And I don't mean you need to be chit-chating the whole time, you know. Gotta work, gotta sweat!
    I basically go to the gym 4-5 times a week. Usually just 4, but it's better then nothing. I always go to the elliptical for about 30-45 minutes working up a nice consistent sweat. Afterwards I hit the machine weights. Work my legs, arms, stomach, you know all that good stuff. I would like slimmer more tighter legs, and toned arms. Defined arms. Not super duper muscles, but just enough to show a nice definition in them. Any recommendations?
  • spots8172
    Options
    Hi there Jkhoffe! OMG, I'm so right there with you on the wine, pizza and TV, better yet Netflix, lol. But I do understand how you feel. I feel the same way. I basically would like to lose about 10 - 15 pounds and tone up. I'd like to see tighter, firmer legs, and nice toned, defined arms. Not big muscle type, just a nice little definition. I'm motivated some days, and other days I'm like this is boring, or I skip it. When in fact I shouldn't skip because I only go only 4 times really. Sometimes 5.
  • spots8172
    Options
    Running is my downfall. I never tried it on the treadmill at the gym, for I have a fear of it for some reason, lol! I probably would go running or jogging outside, but, I never do it. I would like to get some weights for home so that when I have some down time, I can use them..... maybe. :/
  • spots8172
    Options
    6 degrees, oh boy, now that is cold. Treadmill without a doubt!