Anyone like Les Mills workouts?

Options
I love the In gym Les Mills classes. Just wondering if anyone else had success from them?
Body attack, Pump, ??

Replies

• Carnhot
    Carnhot Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    RPM is a great class.
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    Body combat is my fav!
  • Hiswill33
    Hiswill33 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Carnhot wrote: »
    RPM is a great class.

RPM was the 1st class I tried.
    It has certainly strengthen me!!
  • vonnyliz
    vonnyliz Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm a body combat addict
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    I do Bodypump every Saturday morning. I enjoy it as a nice mix of strength training and cardio. I just did Sha-Bam for the first time last week and really enjoyed it, so I intend to continue. That one reminds me of a Zumba class, but easier to follow and with better music. BodyAttack was my favorite, though, until my gym cancelled the time slot I was taking it in. It's pretty high intensity, but there was a noticeable change in my endurance and muscle tone when I did it regularly. It kicked my butt..it was great! The one thing that could be slightly annoying is that Les Mills do their classes on three month cycles, so you do the same workout for three months. That can be good if you're trying to learn the routine, but also gets boring after awhile. Fortunately the instructors at my gym tend to mix it up a lot. I'd just say try some different classes and see what you think!
  • bendyourkneekatie
    bendyourkneekatie Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    I do 2 attack classes, 1 grit strength, and 1 grit cardio a week (as well as 1 cxworx, but that's only because it's on in between grit cardio and attack)
    I've been doing attack (along with pump, step, and combat) on and off for over a decade. I love them.
    But. I've gotten reaaalllly into running the last few months and now I'm planning on a marathon later in the year, and I'm not sure I can fit sufficient runs around my classes. I already run 3 times a week (as well as a treadmill run after grit strength) but I think I'm probably going to have to drop at least one class to make room for another run. As much as I love attack, I'm not finding it dreadfully challenging anymore (compared to grit which always pushes me to the max), so I may have to sacrifice one of them. And I'm really sad about it...
  • leahcollett1
    leahcollett1 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    body combat is my favourite i do it 3-4 times weekly and my body shape has changed dramatically
  • brotherjake70
    brotherjake70 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I enjoy the RPM class
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    I like combat because pretending to punch things is a great stress reliever.
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I used to teach and am certified in almost all the LM formats. Haha. I love me some Les Mills. Pump and Combat are my absolute favorite. Saw amazing results with both.
  • Hiswill33
    Options
    :)
  • Hiswill33
    Options
    body combat is my favourite i do it 3-4 times weekly and my body shape has changed dramatically

:)
  • verifiedvalerie
    verifiedvalerie Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I love, love, LOVE Les Mills.

Currently doing the at home BodyCombat program. Completed day 3 of 60.

I also love BodyCombat, Step and Pump at GoodLife.
    Step might be my fave. I was hugely successful with a combination of the 3 having lost 55lbs in apx 5 months.
  • DanyellMcGinnis
    DanyellMcGinnis Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I don't do gyms but love the Les Mills Combat workout from Beachbody. So much that I played one of the DVDs until it won't function anymore and bought replacements.

Does anyone do the streaming workouts? I don't have a good setup for streaming but would probably be able to take my laptop to my basement workout room and use the small screen (or connect it to my TV with a cable) if I thought it was going to be worth it.
  • awrootbeer_9
    awrootbeer_9 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I really want to try Les Mills Combat, but can't find the dvds for sale anywhere anymore. Does anyone know where I can buy these or if anyone is getting rid of their used copies?
  • CindyFooWho
    CindyFooWho Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Also LOVE Les Mills classes. This sounds stupid, but I'm a big music fan so the way the workouts are formatted around songs just somehow makes sense to me in my mind. Like... work hard the duration of a song, quick break, reset, next song. Know what I mean?

I do Combat, Pump, Body Step. And, when I'm feeling lazy, I love a good Body Balance/Flow class. NO OFFENSE! haha, it's a cool way to relax AND exercise. And come on...any workout that ends with a nap is A-Okay! Yeah, I know, I know, it's "meditation," but frankly they're lucky to be able to get me off the floor and send me home after that. For me, it's a nap!
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    I really want to try Les Mills Combat, but can't find the dvds for sale anywhere anymore. Does anyone know where I can buy these or if anyone is getting rid of their used copies?

It was just on sale at Team Beachbody. I got the whole Les Mills Combat + Warrior DVDs for 23 bucks. Check out the website and see if it's stll on sale.
    I can't wait to start it when I get back from my vacation.
  • newmom_2012
    newmom_2012 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I loved Body Pump when I had a gym membership. I used to do Flow a lot years ago, but my gym here rarely offered it and it was at weird times.