Girls Night Tonight

Options
Ive been invited to go to Girls night / Wing night at a pub tonight. There website has no nutritional information on their award winning wings. What is my best option if not the healthiest option for wings ? If it means eating them with no sauce, Id rather stay home :( What would you do ? I will order water and maybe a side salad, but I love wings, I know they are deep fried, not baked.

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I would find a similar item on the website of a place that does have nutritional information, decide how many wings fit into my plan, and eat that many.
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I believe wings are generally around 70cal each. That's what I've always treated them as.

As for sauce, the hotter the sauce you get the less calories there will generally be considering most hot sauces are made from vinegar, salt, and peppers which are all extraordinarily low to zero calories. The way places cut down on the spice in hot sauce is to cut it with butter, so the more mild sauce you get, the more calories it will generally have.
  • CassidyScaglione
    CassidyScaglione Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    You can also get dry wings (salt and pepper, garlic)
  • KSnow78
    KSnow78 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Excellent. I love hot. I usually will get wings , non breaded with hot sauce. Thats what I will have and count them as 75 calories a piece just to be safe - If they are breaded, I will count them as 125 calories each. Thanks so much for your help.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I would enjoy your wings and log them. If you go over today you'll bre fine and start again tomorrow.

In the future, if you know a girls night is coming up, eat 100 calories less than you usually do every day for a couple of days before girls night. That way you can eat even more.

Have fun
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    I would enjoy your wings and log them. If you go over today you'll bre fine and start again tomorrow.

In the future, if you know a girls night is coming up, eat 100 calories less than you usually do every day for a couple of days before girls night. That way you can eat even more.

Have fun

that.

im not skimping out on something i rarely enjoy! eat, log, move on.
  • ironhajee
    ironhajee Posts: 384 Member
    Options

Have fun

Excellent feedback! I agree. Enjoy log and refocus next day :)