Couch to 5k

Options
Just downloaded the NHS couch to 5k app to start on Monday. Anyone done it?

Replies

• Dula73
    Dula73 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 9 using the NHS version. I've never run before and it's been great, and really encouraging to see how I'm improving each run/each week. I use runkeeper app too so I can keep an eye on pace and distance.
    I'm not sure what I'll do when I finish but booked myself in for a 10k in May to keep me motivated and running!

My big tip would be don't over think it (I get home from work straight into my running gear and out the door before my brain has had a chance to talk me out of it) and also go slow. Don't feel you need to rush the running sections.

Good luck!
  • cxeex
    cxeex Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Sounds great!
  • sarahparishflannery
    Options
    Great tip about tricking your brain :) i downloaded the free app but have yet to use it :/
  • dollydiva2
    dollydiva2 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I've just started the NHS version this week too.
    I tried another version years ago but couldn't progress and gave up and decided running was not for me.
    Now I'm taking it very slowly, I've decided if I can't go up a week I'll redo the week before until I can. I'm determined this time that running won't beat me!
  • karmaheart
    karmaheart Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I was able to run a 10k on that program and I did it in 68 mins. Good luck!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    there is a group here for people doing c25ks
  • tkphotogirl
    tkphotogirl Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Dula73 wrote: »
    I'm on week 9 using the NHS version. I've never run before and it's been great, and really encouraging to see how I'm improving each run/each week. I use runkeeper app too so I can keep an eye on pace and distance.
    I'm not sure what I'll do when I finish but booked myself in for a 10k in May to keep me motivated and running!

My big tip would be don't over think it (I get home from work straight into my running gear and out the door before my brain has had a chance to talk me out of it) and also go slow. Don't feel you need to rush the running sections.

Good luck!
    Jump in at the middle of Couch to 10k when you're done :)
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    No. Never done it...
  • ash_bodash12
    ash_bodash12 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I did c25k and it was awesome! I always hated running and this really helped me find love for it. Did my first 5k at the end of the program and I was addicted.
  • she_lived_wholly_forevermore
    Options
    I'm in Week 8 and it's been amazing. I can go longer without straining and my legs look so much better. Will be starting the next app when I'm done.
  • cxeex
    Options
    Did anyone loose weight doing this also?
  • Dula73
    Dula73 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Jump in at the middle of Couch to 10k when you're done :)

Thanks! I'll look into that one!
  • Samstan101
    Samstan101 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I started with it 3 years ago using the NHS podcast at 300lbs. Since then I've developed and progressed to 3 marathons and an ultra last year and have lost about 135lbs so far. However, the weight loss was due to calorie deficit by weighing & measuring all my food, the running just helped (slightly) with getting that deficit (30mins running burns around 300 cals depending on your weight).
  • cxeex
    Options
    Thanks Sam