Ugly legs

Options
I have the ugliest legs ever with that cottage cheese cellulite, wish my legs would smooth out, I've list 17 pounds, do bodyweight exercises but that cellulite won't go away

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Cellulite is mainly genetic. Blame your parents
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options

Yep. I can't tell if you are still trying to lose more weight or not. Losing weight (fat) definitely helps but even the most fit women can have visible cellulite.

http://breakingmuscle.com/womens-fitness/the-dirty-little-secret-of-the-female-athlete-cellulite
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

This^

Just lose the weight. Exercise for fitness, and hope for the best. Liposuction is your only guarantee.

• judydj1220
    judydj1220 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    ugh.... Thanks, Mom!!! :s Sorry, daughters!! :(
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I came to terms that I will probably have cellulite forever (my mom is 64 and hardly has any cellulite... jerk)
    When I know I'm going to be showing off my legs, I find a spray tan helps hide it.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Cellulite is genetic, but let me tell you, it is possible to reduce it and firm up your legs. I had a moderate case of cellulite and what I used to describe as a "long, double-butt" with excess fat being stored within my inner thighs. I thought dieting and running was the answer. I would run, run, run and eat at a huge deficit and to no avail, the ugly legs remained. In October, I started lifting. I now leg press 310 max and rep 230. I can squat 130. Let me tell you, the difference that I've seen in my "cottage cheese" legs within the past four months is incredible. The fat that was stored at my inner thighs is gone, my legs are tight, toned and shapely and the cellulite is almost gone (what used to be deep dimples are now just shadows). Lift heavy is my advice.
  • GsKiki
    GsKiki Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    It is genetic yes, but if you lose overall body fat, you will lose cellulite as well.
    Keep on with cardio, weights (maybe focus a bit more on your legs) and balanced meals and you will see results.
  • time2cutnow
    time2cutnow Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I think every woman has dealt with cellulite on their legs. Once you lose the weight and build some muscle in your legs it will likely disappear, or diminish substantially.
  • chuckyjean
    chuckyjean Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I am 58, and yes, still losing, about another 15 to 20 to go. It is mostly my knee to butt that is do ugly. Embarrassed to wear a swimsuit.
  • lemmie177
    lemmie177 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Cellulite is genetic, but let me tell you, it is possible to reduce it and firm up your legs. I had a moderate case of cellulite and what I used to describe as a "long, double-butt" with excess fat being stored within my inner thighs. I thought dieting and running was the answer. I would run, run, run and eat at a huge deficit and to no avail, the ugly legs remained. In October, I started lifting. I now leg press 310 max and rep 230. I can squat 130. Let me tell you, the difference that I've seen in my "cottage cheese" legs within the past four months is incredible. The fat that was stored at my inner thighs is gone, my legs are tight, toned and shapely and the cellulite is almost gone (what used to be deep dimples are now just shadows). Lift heavy is my advice.

I've had the same experience. Weightlifting + fat loss has really smoothed out my legs.
  • antennachick
    antennachick Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Lifting weights helped me a ton. You cant get rid of cellulite but wieght loss and muscle gain helps the appearance
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    peaceout_aly: thanks for the tip. My inner thighs are like yours use to be. I am trying everything, the outer thighs firm up real nice, but the inner fat takes forever to budge. I am doing step ups and jumping jacks, which is helping, but will definitely increase my less press.

Does age have anything to do with it. @22, it is easier for you than for someone for 40 downwards.
  • piggysmalls333
    piggysmalls333 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Weight loss and body toning is definitely not an immediate gratification experience. It takes T I M E so have patience and keep up your hard work of fat burning. You can have smoother legs, it just won't happen overnight.
  • chuckyjean
    chuckyjean Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Thanks every one for your replies. I will try the heavy lifting. I just did sumo squats with 3 pound weights and my legs were shaking. I have a long ways to go
    Lol
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    My cellulite got a lot better once I was in the middle of a healthy weight range. I lifted heavy in a deficit all through weight loss. Surprisingly, I'm now gaining weight (and muscle) again on a bulk and my cellulite looks a little better than it did at my leanest. Interested to see how it will look after cutting again.
  • julie_broadhead
    julie_broadhead Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    chuckyjean wrote: »
    Thanks every one for your replies. I will try the heavy lifting. I just did sumo squats with 3 pound weights and my legs were shaking. I have a long ways to go
    Lol
    Everyone starts some where:-) Keep going!