Weigh myself or not

Options
Female. 5'8. 104kg and 31. Hoping to lose about 3St. Eating 1200cals and working out 4-5 times a day. Scared to weigh myself...in case I haven't lost much and lose motivation!

Replies

• juicynsweet
    juicynsweet Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hold off. Give it 2-3 weeks. :smile:
  • lucymcr82
    lucymcr82 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Ive been doing it for four weeks already btw?
  • rontafoya
    rontafoya Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Yes, weigh yourself, but be rational about it and don't obsess over short term fluctuations. Also be consistent. I weight myself naked first thing in the morning. If short term fluctuations bother you, only weigh yourself every 3-7 days, not daily. But you must in fact weight yourself somewhat regularly and consistently to assess whether what you are doing is working or not.
  • dewy333
    dewy333 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Don't forget the all-important measurements. For the times when I don't see the scale move, I remember that my shirts are getting looser and my pants are actually BAGGY! Even if the scale doesn't show what you want, just keep in mind there are other ways to see your progress. You can also actually measure your self. MPF has a spot for it. I've been alternating weeks of weigh-ins and measure-ins.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    4-5 times a day? Are you nuts? Try 3 times/week instead. And yes, weigh yourself daily.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    lucymcr82 wrote: »
    Female. 5'8. 104kg and 31. Hoping to lose about 3St. Eating 1200cals and working out 4-5 times a day. Scared to weigh myself...in case I haven't lost much and lose motivation!

??? I hope that's a typo and you meant 4 - 5 times per WEEK.

Yes, weigh yourself, but don't let that number have power over you. Also, when you weigh, keep track of it somewhere and take your measurements as well. You'll have times when your body is changing which you will notice via the measurements but the scale number may not change at all.
  • lucymcr82
    lucymcr82 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Oops! Yes per week. Im not that mad :-)
  • chulipa
    chulipa Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning or st least most but i only record it once a week on the same day that way i know how many pounds that week. If i dont lose any then i try and figure out why. If you dont weigh how will you know if what you are doing is working