New Member from the UK

Options
Ok so I've done, Slimming World, Weightwatchers, Slimfast..........you name it. All have worked in one way shape or form I've lost weight and like most people gained it back and some.

I would like to try and find something that works for me. I recently started running and in the last 2 months have gone from not running to being able to run for 30 mins non-stop roughly covering 5K. I had hoped that when I started this it would help with the weight loss.....but it doesn't seem to have.

Am still trying to figure out how the measurement part of the food diary works and any advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Jayne

Replies

• knkmfp
    knkmfp Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Wow, I'm in awe of anyone who can run, well done.

What are you struggling with with the diary? The portion size? The food may not have the measurement you're looking for - eg it might be in cups instead of oz, or oz instead of grams. I sometimes have to try two or three versions to find one that measures how I want it to.

Does that help?
  • MarthasMum
    MarthasMum Posts: 26
    Options
    It's so great to see someone else from the UK. I'm on the Devon/Cornwall border. Friend request on the way. x
  • renaedixon
    Options
    Welcome, I just joined yesterday myself. Sorry, can't give you much advice on how everything works since I'm new as well but wanted to welcome you. Good luck!
  • JayneERich
    JayneERich Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Wow, I'm in awe of anyone who can run, well done.

What are you struggling with with the diary? The portion size? The food may not have the measurement you're looking for - eg it might be in cups instead of oz, or oz instead of grams. I sometimes have to try two or three versions to find one that measures how I want it to.

Does that help?

Thanks - will have a proper look tonight when I'm home from work.
  • JayneERich
    Options
    It's so great to see someone else from the UK. I'm on the Devon/Cornwall border. Friend request on the way. x

Hi

Got freind request....just not sure where I go to find it on here!!!!
  • JayneERich
    Options
    Welcome, I just joined yesterday myself. Sorry, can't give you much advice on how everything works since I'm new as well but wanted to welcome you. Good luck!

Good luck to you to. Am weighing in this morning, you may here the screams from wherever you are!
  • Givemewings
    Givemewings Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm from the UK too, 4 stone to lose and want to get fit and active again. This site is amazing and I have been very impressed with the app. I have only been on here for a week but think i have sussed the app so ask away. Would be interested in "friending" you? I have been doing zumba with a video but would like to try and give running a go so could do with some advice!
  • renaedixon
    Options
    Welcome, I signed up on MFP last year and was successful as long as I tracked my food. I would stop tracking and I started gaining weight again. This time I am committed to tracking my food! Good Luck!