Determined

Options
My name is Kat. I am 24 years old and have come to the conclusion that I want a healthier lifestyle. I am overweight and out of shape, which I am not proud of. This is the heaviest I have ever been. I am also trying to quit smoking, so far I am 4 days smoke free.

I am a college student (graduating in may 2016), studying addictions counseling. I love to help people, but I also feel that I need to help myself as well. So here I am.

Replies

• Linzella
    Linzella Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I know how difficult it can be quitting smoking :(. I used to smoke a pack and a half of Newports a day until I became pregnant with my first kiddo. Quitting was kne of the hardest things I had to do. Even more so than drinking. I've had relapses here and there for the last 6 years. The thing is that you have to keep trying even though you mess up. I sent you a friend request. Feel free to add me. Best wishes and don't give up!
  • deneenae
    deneenae Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for a little more support, too! feel free to add. I have an open diary if you wanna take a peak, too. It's not always perfect, but hey, who's is? Right now I'm focusing on my fiber intake. I try to get at least 35g a day. yikes!

and awesome goals! I go to school too and study behavior change. Isn't it crazy how similar addiction to food and drugs are? ie dopamine response? And the treatments for both are often similar, too. I feel like I have a food addiction (self-diagnosed, haha!).

don't give up!