Want to see the real me before I die

Options
I have never been one to diet. I have slowly added 10 lbs a year for years and now find myself at 55 years old 6 feet tall and 250 lbs. I look in the mirror and see a stranger. I started my version of a paleo eating plan on January 1 2016 that I hope I can stick with forever. I don't want a diet I want to find a new way to eat that works for me. I eat out alot and work alot so meal planning and shopping are the hardest part for me. I have never joined one of these groups but I like the fitness pal app and it makes tracking calories pretty easy. If anyone can relate to my story and is attempting a similar path maybe we could encourage each other.

Replies

• 3p0l0v3sU
    3p0l0v3sU Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Welcome. You made an honest post, i admire that. Pleased to meet you. Also do try to eat out less! Paleo is tasty and effective but it can be super hard to maintain while at a restaurant!
  • cynthiathompson51
    Options
    True..although I know if I order grilled chicken and sweet potatoes and salad at a restautant it may not meet the whole 30 plan but still much better than what I was eating before which was everything in sight. Thanks for the welcome! Have a good night.
  • krystenaj
    krystenaj Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in a similar position as you, except I'm 27 and weighed in at 332 today. While I have been blessed not to have the typical cardiac health problems associated with obesity, a series of traumas has left me in chronic pain due to an "unidentified autoimmune," maybe fibromyalgia (don't ya love how precise that diagnosis was). I have been left thinking, I wish I could go canoeing again or walk on the beach or just do my job without being in so much pain. My job also puts me in a situation where I am rarely able to eat at home and have even less time for grocery shopping and cooking. I haven't decided to go paleo, I am just very carefully watching calories and trying to make better decisions. That is my new way to eat that works for me--and it means adapting bits and pieces of different "eating styles" here and there to find something I can make work. Believe me when I say, I know what you mean when you say you want to know the real you before you die. I feel the very same way, but here's to finding the real us :smiley: