I'm new

Hi all, my name is Leichelle and I really want to lose weight but I'm having problems. I need all the help I need to stick to this diet. Anyway hi and catch you guys later.

Replies

• Hi all, my name is Leichelle and I really want to lose weight but I'm having problems. I need all the help I need to stick to this diet. Anyway hi and catch you guys later.
  • brookefoley
    brookefoley Posts: 104 Member
    Nice to meet you! You will love this site, it's great!!! Everyone is friendly and motivating!
  • I'm trying to learn how this works, so far I ike it. It's motivating me to watch what I eat.
  • Hey Leichelle,
    I'm new too, just joined about 1 hour now. Anyway, here's a tip for you on portion control:

My sister mentioned something to me about portion size that I've decided that I will practice. When you go out to eat, ask the waiter to bring a "to go" container with your meal. Take half the meal and place it in the container first and then eat what's left on your plate. The "to go" container is closed so the food's out of sight. If you don't do that up front, you are more likely to eat everything on your plate. I did that last night with my dinner, I had a steak (grilled), 1/2 a baked sweet potatoe and a salad. I set the other half of the potatoe to the side and had it tonight with my turkey sausage for dinner, very satisfying.