Today I didn't want to... (but I did it anyway to reach my goals)

Options
Today I didn't want to move. Or walk. Or exercise.

I spent 20 minutes skyping my dad from the treadmill, then an hour walking slowly on the treadmill listening to music, singing my heart out. I still had some steps left over after that, so I considered walking the dog, but decided against it, because it was nearly sunburning hours and I didn't want to get caught out. I put my headphones on and danced around the lounge until my mum got home. She had the baby, so I held her for a few minutes and walked around the house until I got to 10,000 steps. She got heavy so I switched arms several times. About two hours later, my mum needed something from the mall, so I walked around with her. Then I walked home. I was meant to go to the gym a few hours later, but my friend was visiting and invited me out for coffee. I met up with her and after drinking and talking, we went for a small walk in the park. After that, I got home and relaxed for a while. Then my mum came home and invited me to walk the dogs with her (ours and my sisters two). We walked for about 3 kilometers and came home. Now I have nearly done 19,000 steps.

When I got out of bed this morning, I didn't even want to do half an hour of activity!

What did you do today that you would have given a miss?

Replies

• tkphotogirl
    tkphotogirl Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Today I got up early and did week 8 day 1 of Couch to 10k before I left for work, because I'm working my day job and my evening job today and won't have time for it this evening. I did NOT want to get out of bed! :)
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options

I spent 20 minutes skyping my dad from the treadmill, then an hour walking slowly on the treadmill listening to music, singing my heart out. I still had some steps left over after that, so I considered walking the dog, but decided against it, because it was nearly sunburning hours and I didn't want to get caught out. I put my headphones on and danced around the lounge until my mum got home. She had the baby, so I held her for a few minutes and walked around the house until I got to 10,000 steps. She got heavy so I switched arms several times. About two hours later, my mum needed something from the mall, so I walked around with her. Then I walked home. I was meant to go to the gym a few hours later, but my friend was visiting and invited me out for coffee. I met up with her and after drinking and talking, we went for a small walk in the park. After that, I got home and relaxed for a while. Then my mum came home and invited me to walk the dogs with her (ours and my sisters two). We walked for about 3 kilometers and came home. Now I have nearly done 19,000 steps.

When I got out of bed this morning, I didn't even want to do half an hour of activity!

Well done :)
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options

Went to work
  • aubreytoe
    aubreytoe Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Way to go! Those days are terribly hard and I usually text my sister whining about it and she helps motivate me to get my butt in gear!
  • CassidyScaglione
    CassidyScaglione Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Woke up. Lol. I'm glad the dog got walked.
  • beautifulsparkles
    beautifulsparkles Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Woke up. Lol. I'm glad the dog got walked.

Yeah. My mum walks him everyday and invites me. Sometimes I take him on a separate walk. I was too lazy to do that yesterday.
  • DYELB
    DYELB Posts: 7,407 Member
    Options
    sjohnny wrote: »

Went to work

+1
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    sjohnny wrote: »

Went to work

But...

...what about your dog?

Did you still have the energy to take him for a walk when you got home?
  • Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Today I didn't want to eat boring stuff like nuts and grilled chicken and yogurt but I did it anyway. Haha

I wanted to eat Mexican food so bad
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I didn't REALLY want to lift today. My work days have been 12-15 hours for the past few days and I was beat. But I did it. Then I didn't REALLY want to train biceps and triceps but I did.

I did skip abs though. Shhh.