NEED MOTIVATION TO LOSE 20 POUNDS IN 6 WEEKS

Hello Friends, over the years i gained a lot of weight, i diet and used this site twice before and lost about 50 pounds each time... for known reasons I gained back.. Now my Sister is coming to visit me from Brazil and I would love to lose at least 20 pounds in 6 weeks, Its being over 16 years without seeing my sister that lives out of country and I will get to know see mine nephew and nieces for the first time... We will go to Disney and last time I was there I was 20 pounds lighter and I was able to go to all the rides... Any words??/

Replies

• CourtLHM
    CourtLHM Posts: 181 Member
    Wow that's a long time since you've seen her! How wonderful for you! That's good motivation it's self. She'll want to see you happy! You can do it again! Plus you'll want to be able to keep up with the kids running from ride to ride! Good luck!!
  • CassidyScaglione
    CassidyScaglione Posts: 673 Member
    That's more than three pounds a week, so it might not be feasible unless you are heavy.
  • ap991787
    ap991787 Posts: 2 Member
    rob thats great you get to see her- Yah!! :smile: no idea if you like the idea of adding something all natural to help, but I recently started on TruVision. I just joined this site to help with some motivation so along with it I can start exercising. I first started it for health benefits because I have an autoimmune disorder to affects my muscles and joints so exercise is tough for me, but now that pain is becoming less and less. I wanna get into the groove of stuff, so I need motivation myself. If you wanna talk to me about it are you able to add people on here? I am still learning this site :(
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Sounds like you already have great motivation (your sister coming to visit). If your joints are a concern, maybe consider swimming at a community pool, or using an elliptical. Rember what truly motivates you. If you have a photo of yourself from earlier at the weight you want to reach, look at it often to remind yourself of what you want. You can do it!
  • robsonaraujo
    robsonaraujo Posts: 47 Member
    Thank you Everybody!!! I did it before and I am sure I can do it again... so far , going to secong week, 7 pounds less ....
  • mom23nuts
    mom23nuts Posts: 636 Member
    I need the advice too so I am following helpful comments You may get. 3 weeks in for me not a single ounce lost. I seem to be doing everything right, but no weigh loss. I may need a medically induced coma or body reset button! Lol

Lost weight here twice each time thought I was too heavy at 180 but now back to my setpoint of 225 I long for 180 when I thought that was fat.
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    I'd focus on exercise/mobility as much as you can. 6 weeks may or may not be enough time to lose the weight. But more important would be being as fit as you can to walk all day and hang out with the kiddos.
  • vczK2t
    vczK2t Posts: 309 Member
    i say concentrate on making the healthiest choices you can each day, food, drink, and activity wise. i would concentrate less on a number. if you can be more active, then that is going to help more with keeping up than actually losing a set number of lbs.

97987788.png