Protein bars.

Options
Does anyone have a good protein bar recipe? Must be low in sugar, high in protein, and under 250 calories. The ones I usually buy are 190 calories, 21g of protein, and less that 2grams of sugar. I'm on a budget so I'd like to find a good recipe! Thank you!

Replies

• Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    And make sure it contains NO SOY!!!
  • hamptontom
    hamptontom Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    were you getting the Protein Plus bars before?

I'm asking because I noticed a sharp price gain on those about six weeks ago or so...I used to be able to get them at Kroger for $10 for ten of them, but overnight a while back they went to 3 for $5.00.

I haven't bought them since...I've been either skipping them altogether or buying other brands.
  • luvsubrooke
    luvsubrooke Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    hamptontom wrote: »
    were you getting the Protein Plus bars before?

I'm asking because I noticed a sharp price gain on those about six weeks ago or so...I used to be able to get them at Kroger for $10 for ten of them, but overnight a while back they went to 3 for $5.00.

I haven't bought them since...I've been either skipping them altogether or buying other brands.

I was getting the ones by chef Irvine at gnc. $25 for a box of 12
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Not a recipe but you can get Pure Protein bars at target for 12 bucks for 12. They fit your requirements.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I also tried to make my own. So much work, so many ingredients to buy, so much cleaning.
    Pure protein at walmart works.
    Costco and sams club have them on sale sometimes for less than .70 cents each.
  • boomersports123
    boomersports123 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Can't help you with a recipe at this time but I'll find some I have laying around... But great value has 10g protein bars that are pretty good a cheap cheap... I'll try and find those recipes.
  • JayDam1
    JayDam1 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I know you want to make them, but check out the new Mission 1 - Clean Protein Bars by MuscleTech that are sold as Walmart.

I'm usually not a MuscleTech fan, but these are some of the best macro protein bars I have found, and are fairly cheap through Walmart.

I feel that they come out as cheap as it would be for me to buy ingredients and take the time out of my day to make them.
  • luvsubrooke
    luvsubrooke Posts: 85 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    JayDam1 wrote: »
    I know you want to make them, but check out the new Mission 1 - Clean Protein Bars by MuscleTech that are sold as Walmart.

I'm usually not a MuscleTech fan, but these are some of the best macro protein bars I have found, and are fairly cheap through Walmart.

I feel that they come out as cheap as it would be for me to buy ingredients and take the time out of my day to make them.

Yessss these are also one of my regular protein bars. The cookies and cream are da bomb! I'm on a budget at the moment, hence wanting to make my own. Lol way cheaper for me to make my own at the moment since I'm stocked up on every ingredient possible! Plus I'm that weirdo who likes to know exactly goes in to what I'm eating.