does zig-zagging calories work if...

Options
you're under your caloric intake every day?
my calorie consumption is pretty erratic, as is the amount i burn on a day-to-day basis. i want to completely avoid a plateau, if @ all possible, so would zig-zagging work for me?

Replies

• miss_ally08
    miss_ally08 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    90% of the time, I am under my calorie goal too. I have tried zig zagging before, but its really hard for me because I can't seem to eat a lot of calories on the high days :( But, it does work!! I'm glad you haven't hit a plateau yet, how many days have you done MFP? :)
  • sister_bear
    sister_bear Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I always hit my 1200, but I zig zag now and again to kick start my metabolism, especially when I'm being very consistent with my meals and exercise. It works for me, but I've read others have trouble controlling themselves.

When I do it, on my high calorie days I usually eat like 6 times a day. 3 small meals and 3 substantial snacks. lol
  • ValerieSW
    ValerieSW Posts: 32
    Options
    It definitely works, I've lost 23lbs in 10 weeks doing zigzagging. That said, I'm very close or sometimes over my calorie goal on my 'up' days. For instance, today I was only 4 calories short of my goal. The day before yesterday, I was probably about 200-300 over as we had a KFC for dinner (for the first time since we started this). I still lost weight though!