It's Now or Never.

Options
ysamiam
ysamiam Posts: 1 Member
edited February 2016 in Introduce Yourself
When I received the news this past Friday that I had diabetes, I was completely terrified and ashamed. I didn't understand how I could let myself get to this point. I am only 22 years old and now I have this big scary disease that I knew nothing about. Except that it can really destroy the body. I was devistated. After many, many tears and talking to my amazing team at work and my family, I realized This is my time to change. This isn't the end of the world, but the start of a new journey. A better one! I can conquer diabetes! I have so much wonderful support around me and all the right ingredients for success. I am ready to be healthier and happier. I know the road ahead will not be easy, but it will be worth it. It's time to get to work!!! Let's do this!!!

Love,

Sammi

#100PoundsToGo

Replies

• Splitbygreg
    Splitbygreg Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    ysamiam wrote: »
    When I received the news this past Friday that I had diabetes, I was completely terrified and ashamed. I didn't understand how I could let myself get to this point. I am only 22 years old and now I have this big scary disease that I knew nothing about. Except that it can really destroy the body. I was devistated. After many, many tears and talking to my amazing team at work and my family, I realized This is my time to change. This isn't the end of the world, but the start of a new journey. A better one! I can conquer diabetes! I have so much wonderful support around me and all the right ingredients for success. I am ready to be healthier and happier. I know the road ahead will not be easy, but it will be worth it. It's time to get to work!!! Let's do this!!!

Love,

Sammi

#100PoundsToGo

Get it homie. I pull for ya. Keep at it and don't listen to negative coonts. Get in the gym and stay away from that poop food. You got this.
  • sls0991
    sls0991 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You can do this, you're so strong!
  • foley_d
    foley_d Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Awesome- great attitude to have! I have about 100 pounds to lose as well, one step at a time...
  • Blondie0281
    Blondie0281 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    You go girl! With your attitude and described inner circle, you WILL succeed. Take one day at a time, and one small goal at a time. As I tell myself, you didn't put the pounds on overnight, so it's not all going to fall off overnight. Be patient and stay strong!
  • KitchyWitchy
    KitchyWitchy Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Go for it! I have pre-diabetes and I am trying to lose weight and make changes so it doesn't progress. It really is a scary diagnosis but it sounds like you are on the right track to manage it.