135 pounds lost and counting

Options
this is my first post here, i thought i'd share a little of my story with everyone, i dont really consider this a "success" but more as a work in progress
I was 358 pounds in November/December of 2010, I don't know what made me "snap" or change my direction of my life, all i know is that I changed.

I cut out all cokes, i cut out all fast food. I usually exercise a few times a week, either taking walks at the park or 30 minutes on the treadmill and 30 minutes on the stationary bike.

a big inspiration to eat healthier was watching a documentary called "Food Inc" very good documentary about food and where it comes from. Since the video i try and eat organic food as much as possible.

here are some before and after pictures, sorry i dont have anyone to take a full body picture of me atm.

unledea.jpg

imag0005h.jpg

Replies

• Mnonan
    Mnonan Posts: 38
    Options
    great job. I'll have to check out that documentary.
  • 1tonyawhite
    Options
    GOOD JOB.KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.
    :smile:
  • sister_bear
    sister_bear Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I'll definitely check out the documentary. You look amazing. :)
  • kiawya
    kiawya Posts: 73
    Options
    wow. you look amazing! You are an inspiration to us all!
  • cmsu64113
    cmsu64113 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • KLo924
    KLo924 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Such an inspiration :) Also, that is an amazing movie!!
  • Cmuchoa
    Cmuchoa Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I watched that documentary as well so started to try and buy farmed raised meats & chickens and it made me very sad.

Your weight loss is awesome in such a short time - why not post a full length photo so we can see the rest of you - your face is so slim that I could only imagine how great you look now.

Keep up the journey to better health - the best gift you can give yourself - Take care !
  • HeatherMarie1174
    Options
    Great job!!! That movie is quite an eye opener, isn't it??
  • loseatonlady
    loseatonlady Posts: 160
    Options
    Incredible - you should be proud!
  • pisces271
    pisces271 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Your rockin' it out! Great job!
  • MelissaNorthrup
    Options
    Do you feel the change has really been changing from the processed to organice or adding more exercise?
  • kristiedavis1
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • nlghtcrawler
    Options
    Do you feel the change has really been changing from the processed to organice or adding more exercise?
    honestly its been more of moving from processed foods to organic, or even just "better food choices" i don't get to exercise as much as i would like too, I'm usually really busy with my 2 kids and my job. But most of the exercise i do is push ups and sit ups in the morning and before i go to bed
  • EricInArlington
    EricInArlington Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    that's awesome, what an inspiration!
  • sweetmanjd
    sweetmanjd Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    honestly its been more of moving from processed foods to organic, or even just "better food choices" i don't get to exercise as much as i would like too, I'm usually really busy with my 2 kids and my job. But most of the exercise i do is push ups and sit ups in the morning and before i go to bed

I don't know who said it originally, but one of the best quotes I've read recently is "You can't exercise your way out of an unhealthy diet". I'm proof positive: I exercise all the time and the only way I see any real change to body or the scale is when I focus on eating a clean diet. Keep up the awesome lifestyle change Nightcrawler!!! You are absolutely a success!!
  • rlgeorge80
    Options
    That is so amazing. Congrats.
  • RHunter37
    RHunter37 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB !!!! You might not consider yourself a success but I do. I have lost 29 lbs and have 80 or 90 to go. I keep thinking will I ever get there. You sharing your story with me made me realize I will. Keep up the great work and let us know how you are doing.:smile:
  • nlghtcrawler
    Options

I don't know who said it originally, but one of the best quotes I've read recently is "You can't exercise your way out of an unhealthy diet". I'm proof positive: I exercise all the time and the only way I see any real change to body or the scale is when I focus on eating a clean diet. Keep up the awesome lifestyle change Nightcrawler!!! You are absolutely a success!!

thank you everyone for the positive comments! and i agree with you sweetmanjd all of my family who has asked me how i do it and whats my "diet" i always tell them its not a diet, its a lifestyle change, once you lose the weight you just don't STOP and go back to the way you were eating, you change the way you eat to something that's manageable for the rest of your life . that's the way i look at it.
  • Cheeve
    Cheeve Posts: 28
    Options
    That's an amazing difference. Awesome job
  • lily1972
    lily1972 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    What an incredible difference!! You are absolutely amazing!!:bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!