What should I do

Options
Aey97
Aey97 Posts: 2 Member
edited February 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi, my English is *kitten* so if you get confused I'm sorry. Anyway on January 17th 2015 i decided to lose my weight I weighted at 125.7kg (277.1lbs) oh and I'm 168cm 17years well 18 right now.

So now or until the last 2 weeks which was my lowest I was at 64.8kg (142.9lbs) but my body fat percentage is at 20% well I guess it's 20% I have used a scale in the gym it said that I'm at 18.9% but to my eyes I'm even over 20% body fat I started weight lifting at January 22nd 2016 so about 3 weeks ago but I stopped going to the gym last week because I had some exams at university and I didn't have time to go to the gym for a week , so when I reached my lowest which was 64.8kg I wanted to change my diet so i tried out (IF) for a week and I gained 3kg I mean it's impossible to gain 3 kg of muscle in a week and for IF i would fast for 16 hours and eat for 8 hours but I only eat up to 1500 calories a day the question is umm should I be losing weight or maintain it and lose % body fat and is (IF) really helpful in my case or not

Replies

• Dibbsa
    Dibbsa Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I would suggest you dont' fret too much about your body fat or weight currently - you sound like you've done amazingly well and you are at Uni, doing exams which is far more important. Focus on eating healthy and maintaining how you feel and look. Getting caught up in % will play with your mind too much.
  • ama3387
    ama3387 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert or anything. I'm actually super new. But maybe it's just a shock to Your system? How many calories we're you eating a day before starting IF?
  • Aey97
    Aey97 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I used to eat up to 2200
  • Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    To answer your question, it isn't possible to gain 3kg of muscle in a week. With a progressive program, a women can gain something like one pound of muscle a month. Your probably just having a fluctuation due to water. I haven't heard of IF, but I've heard of other similar programs.
    Don't go crazy with the numbers. It can drive you nuts. You've done an amazing job so far. My advice would be eat several times a day. Start a weight lifting program. Weight training can really help you change body composition. I think 1500 for your height and weight should still be a deficit if you are working out.
    Have you plugged your goal weight into the goal section on MFP? Do that and go with .5lbs a week.