Anyone with only a few pounds to lose?

Options
I'm 5'6 and 133, trying to get down to 125. More importantly, I suffer from BED (over 3000 calorie binges usually 2-3 days/week) and am trying to develop good eating strategies as I'm dieting. I weighed 127 this time two years ago, so clearly my lifestyle needs to be changed! I could use some friends! (but obviously would welcome any friends, regardless of weight loss goals :))

Replies

• ScoobaChick
    ScoobaChick Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I also have only a few pounds to lose and am trying to get to 125 (from 130).

I do however want to get fit so that is my major goal.

I will send a FR :)
  • sweetcaroline109
    sweetcaroline109 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Added you :)
  • mssweeteypie
    mssweeteypie Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and 133, trying to get down to 125. More importantly, I suffer from BED (over 3000 calorie binges usually 2-3 days/week) and am trying to develop good eating strategies as I'm dieting. I weighed 127 this time two years ago, so clearly my lifestyle needs to be changed! I could use some friends! (but obviously would welcome any friends, regardless of weight loss goals :))

Omg..i am a binge eater as well! Except over the past year it has been much less frequent..about once every couple months.. but it has still slowed down my fitness journey a lot.. im currently reading Brain over Binge... although I am not done with the book yet, it has helped tremendously!!! I honestly feel cured already. Lol
  • withypoll
    withypoll Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm aiming to lose about 5 pounds and get fit. Feel free to add me. :)
  • sweetcaroline109
    Options

Omg..i am a binge eater as well! Except over the past year it has been much less frequent..about once every couple months.. but it has still slowed down my fitness journey a lot.. im currently reading Brain over Binge... although I am not done with the book yet, it has helped tremendously!!! I honestly feel cured already. Lol

I will definitely check out that book! I work in neuroscience research and I'm super fascinated by it...just sucks to have it!! haha
  • ADean3182
    ADean3182 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Pretty much in the same boat - started my job 6'4" and 175 lbs, but due to the catered lunches everyday for free I jumped to 202 in about 6 months. Started a weight loss challenge at work at 197 lbs and caught some flak by co-workers saying "why are you doing the challenge, you don't need to lose anything!". I just want to lose what I gained and stay fit and eat better! Sometimes it's not about massive weight loss
  • teruma
    teruma Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello there
    I've been trying to lose 7 pounds since late last year and it's the hardest thing ever!
    Right now I'm 117 and hope to get to 110, which was my weight 12 months ago.
    I work out 6 days a week and count calories and carbs but it's doesn't really work unless I'm super strict (meaning if I never ever indulge or go out or drink etc)

Has any of you already thin girls figured a fool proof for us to lose thouse few ponds? I think that because we're already small it's even harder!
  • sweetcaroline109
    Options
    teruma wrote: »
    Hello there
    I've been trying to lose 7 pounds since late last year and it's the hardest thing ever!
    Right now I'm 117 and hope to get to 110, which was my weight 12 months ago.
    I work out 6 days a week and count calories and carbs but it's doesn't really work unless I'm super strict (meaning if I never ever indulge or go out or drink etc)

Has any of you already thin girls figured a fool proof for us to lose thouse few ponds? I think that because we're already small it's even harder!

how much do you work out? I usually run or go on the elliptical for about an hour, 5-6 days per week, but then I eat back the calories (I don't count carbs for my sanity). It has helped me a lot and I think keeps my metabolism up (my food log doesn't reflect that because I've had the flu for the past week!).

• Anonycatgirl
    Anonycatgirl Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose 8-10 pounds. I'm at a healthy weight now and I look fine if you don't know how I looked 10 pounds ago...but my clothes don't fit as well and I need to stop this upward trend.
  • george7527
    george7527 Posts: 267 Member
    Options

Hello I'v only got few pounds to lose but they are the hardest i go up and down like a yo yo which is so depressing. I suffer from binge eating had binge last night felt so bad that I had to get rid of. so the whole cycle started again today been very good burnt extra calories but by night time that all gets ruined as I raid the cupboards. so I know exactly how you feel. feel free to add me (UK based)
  • Burger2066
    Burger2066 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to burn off some fat without losing muscle, so in a way I'm trying to lose weight. I'm focused more on the bfp than the scale, but it all ties together.
  • chiptease
    chiptease Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose 12 pounds. Weekends are my weakest moments for binge eating to occur. But just remember that treating yourself is OK and MFP is a great tool to get you back on track :)
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    I'm only trying to lose a few myself. Probably 5-10 lbs.
  • maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I'm also trying to lose 8lbs as well. I was there and the weight crept back up as I got sloppy with my eating habits and exercise regimen.
  • Dea0874
    Dea0874 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hmm, omg you guys. It is actually pretty easy to lose 5-10 lbs, it can be done in a matter of a couple of months. Eat fewer carbs, and lots of protein, lean meats (chicken, turkey), fish and fresh veggies.
  • matttucker2015
    matttucker2015 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I need to shred about 8 lbs
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options

I'm 5 8 134 hoping to get to 130 but I lift heavy so if I don't lose but continue to gain muscle (I'm recomping) I'd still be happy. I'm a mostly recovered anorexic binge/purge subtype so I understand binging for sure. I'm trying to payore attention to the weight on the barbell than the scale but with an ed history it is a challenge
  • sweetcaroline109
    Options
    Dea0874 wrote: »
    Hmm, omg you guys. It is actually pretty easy to lose 5-10 lbs, it can be done in a matter of a couple of months. Eat fewer carbs, and lots of protein, lean meats (chicken, turkey), fish and fresh veggies.

What you're saying is obvious. everyone has their own struggle that they're going through. You don't need to belittle it
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I lose a few than binge (no huge binges anymore but still a binge) and go back to my starting weight (134)
  • allieparkia
    allieparkia Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to lose about 10 pounds and then tone up! Sending you a request! Anyone else feel free to add me!