Valentine's Dinner - TGI Fridays

Options
1GeorgiaG
1GeorgiaG Posts: 1 Member
edited February 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
So there's not anything low-calorie at TGI Fridays obviously lol but what would be the most suitable meal to order??

Replies

• markzak26
    markzak26 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately everything is pretty high fat. I usually opt for half a rack of ribs as its below 1000 calories. But it's Valentine's Day. Have a treat and don't feel bad about it. :)
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    eat what you want.

i would eat elsewhere, though that has nothing to do with the calories but more to do with me being a food snob. LOLOLOL

TGI Fridays has lower calorie options. I used to take my grandfather there.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Their nutritional information is here

https://www.tgifridays.com/nutrition.pdf
  • dolliesdaughter
    dolliesdaughter Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    It is only one day and if you are tight on your eating the other days you should be fine. Too much stress for one day.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    I would eat somewhere else. Chain food is rarely worth it to me.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options

This.
    If he's taking you to TGIF, he doesn't love you.
  • CassidyScaglione
    CassidyScaglione Posts: 673 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

Or maybe she likes TGIFs.

Considering 90% of us are big fat people still struggling with secret tear-ridden chocolate bar binges, I think we could all try to be a little bit less judgmental and b*tchy don't you?

• SarahxApple
    SarahxApple Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    It's only one day, I'm out at an amazing Pizzeria on Sunday for Valentines, I know I will order and eat a whole pizza plus wine plus dessert, plus a shared starter, I also know I will run Sunday morning and have no other nights out eating/drinking next week so I will log Sunday and make up the deficit in the week.

If you are really concerned re TGI's (which regardless of the snobby comments, I think is an ok chain), then do what you would always do eating out, grilled over fried, tomato not cream sauces, dressings on the side, 2 courses not 3, green/veg sides, spirits over wine/beer. Eating lighter for the other meals in the day.

Good luck and more importantly enjoy! :smile:
  • StencilChild
    StencilChild Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Plenty of options to keep your meal under 800 calories, depending on what kinds of foods you enjoy. Also keep in mind that condiments and sauces add a TON of calories. You can either order dishes with them on the side, or skip them all together(not possible with all foods, of course)
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Isnt this like saying 'Well I am going to the pub tonight so should I replace my beer with brown water?"
  • vivelajackie
    vivelajackie Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Ours is today and we started off with homemade pancakes. Honestly logging a cheat day has me with under 300 calories for the day and 2 meals to go. I think it'll be kind of interesting to see how downhill an honest cheat day will be.

Either treat yourself and go back to the grind tomorrow or find something you like and eat half of it and box the rest up. Or share. Just don't stress yourself out and feel guilty for having a good time.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    you have the menu online so preplan your meal.
    enjoy
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options

This.

how pleasant of you
  • StencilChild
    StencilChild Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    eldamiano wrote: »
    Isnt this like saying 'Well I am going to the pub tonight so should I replace my beer with brown water?"

More like going to a pub and ordering a light beer instead of vodka and orange juice, or whiskey and coke.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options

Or maybe she likes TGIFs.

Considering 90% of us are big fat people still struggling with secret tear-ridden chocolate bar binges, I think we could all try to be a little bit less judgmental and b*tchy don't you?

I think it was a joke. At least it made me chuckle.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I agree...check out the menu...plan ahead.

The other thing to keep in mind: (I presume) your mother will not be dining with you, so 'cleaning your plate' is optional.

If you can't fit a (for example) 1200 calorie dish into your daily calorie goal, but you can fit an 800 calorie dish - eat 2/3 of the 1200 calorie dish.

Or...heck it's Valentine's Day...enjoy your dinner, and get back on track tomorrow. One day never makes or breaks a weight management plan.
  • dolliesdaughter
    dolliesdaughter Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    So where is your better half taking you?

• Bella0531
    Bella0531 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Their nutritional information is here

https://www.tgifridays.com/nutrition.pdf

Just giving this a quick look - I'd probably do a cup of the tortilla soup and the grilled chicken cobb salad with no dressing or the light balsamic. That'll put you right around 800cal.

No matter what you choose, everything there is going to be high in sodium. Drink lots of water and enjoy your night!
  • jesscran815
    jesscran815 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Ours is today and we started off with homemade pancakes. Honestly logging a cheat day has me with under 300 calories for the day and 2 meals to go. I think it'll be kind of interesting to see how downhill an honest cheat day will be.

Either treat yourself and go back to the grind tomorrow or find something you like and eat half of it and box the rest up. Or share. Just don't stress yourself out and feel guilty for having a good time.

This is what I do! I eat half and save the rest for later. I don't know if it would make much of a difference eating it spaced out over two meals or eating the one big meal, but it does make me feel better about getting the cheese fries if I don't eat them all myself and if I eat them in two or three installments.
  • erinc5
    erinc5 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. I'd probably go for an order of wings for my dinner. Or maybe the original strip steak with tomato mozz salad and broccoli.

But, the one benefit of going to a chain restaurant is they do have the menu and nutrition online, so you can plan whatever YOU like.