Thoughts on Jazzercising?

Options
I'm starting a Jazzercise class tomorrow? I need to get into shape and lose about 20 pounds! Any thoughts or advice to give? I'm not even sure if its a good work our or not!?

Replies

• Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Is it anything like Prancercise?
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    tons of fun! keep up as best you can but its not as bad as zumba, in that respect LOL

enjoy!
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    Jazzercise is fun. It's good cardio and easily modifiable. Even without rhythm or much coordination you can count out the routine.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I find the name off putting. My mom loves it, though. Really, any exercise is good if it's an exercise you enjoy.
  • VioletRojo
    VioletRojo Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I was an instructor for year. It's a lot of fun and a good beginner exercise. Let the instructor know that it's your first class and she'll make it a point to cue clearly and explain things as she goes along. Try to keep up, but don't worry if you can't; go at your own pace. Jazzercise is all about patterns, and pretty soon you'll have a feel for the patterns and it will be much easier.
  • trish916
    trish916 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I just started going to these classes, and I love them. A lot of times you go to gyms to join a class and it is a skinny minnie who is teaching. I have a Jazzercise location that has all ranges of sizes teaching classes. There is something just so motivating to watch a size 20-22 woman sweating it out with all of us. I lose my steps every so often, but I jump back in when I can catch up. It is a lot of fun, and with the current music, it makes it really enjoyable.
  • arunnerdami
    arunnerdami Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm a runNerd, but among my runner friends they know me as the girl who also does Jazzercise. I love it, I love the community we have there. Granted, I'm in a small town so we know many from outside of class as well. I grew up with the owner of ours and well she's always been thin, but she's also so encouraging. The other instructors have different backgrounds and the participants are so varied. Ages vary from 14 to 82, many sizes and we have like 4 guys randomly thrown in as well.
    Reasons I Jazzercise:
    1. So much FUN
    2. Strengthens my legs for faster running
    3. Best way to find new music for my Running Playlist
    4. New Friends/Motivators
    5. Did I mention it was fun?
  • happyhelenr
    happyhelenr Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Would you recommend a class for someone like me who has a dodgy hip?