Who else is HAPPY just to be alive?

Options
Good Morning, MFP Land! Been doing the healthier lifestyle transition and been on MFP for 16 days, and all I gotta say, is I am damn happy to be here with all of you fine people! Workout don't seem like chores, anymore. I am looking forward to eating home cooked meals instead of fast food, oh yeah, life is fantastic. I hope each and every one of you have an excellent Friday.

Replies

• Blackdawn_70631
    Blackdawn_70631 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Happy to see the workouts aren't chores.
    I don't take food for granite.
    I grew up poor with little food and the reason I was skinny was because there wasn't enough food.
    Now that I'm 33 and been married 15 years. I'm happy to have a choice to eat and what to eat. When I first got married I did binge on the foods I never had before, but now learned how to eat EVERYTHING in moderation while still balancing my macros.
  • piggysmalls333
    piggysmalls333 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    What a nice message. I'm happy too that my year or hard work is finally putting my health back on track. Happy Friday!
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I watched my parents die over the last two years of COPD and Oesophageal cancer respectively. Both suffered greatly and both stripped themselves of at least 25 years of life expectancy because of the lifestyle choices they made (both were chain smokers with a dreadful diet and no exercise). Yes I'm happy to be alive. :)
  • Vanessalookingood
    Vanessalookingood Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I am pretty happy NOW in this moment. I am finally taking good care of my self and it really feels great. I have only been on MFP for a couple weeks but I am feeling tremendously hopeful that I WILL be able to reach my goals ONE DAY AT A TIME. I am so thankful that I gave MFP a shot. It really works!
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Me! I am chronically ill and was on my death bed a year ago so yes it puts things into perspective
  • dawniemate
    dawniemate Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I work in paediatrics and some kids never go home. .. I'm blessed that I do :neutral:
  • yourhiddengem
    yourhiddengem Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Last year I was in the ER more than 12 times but this year I haven't been to the hospital once so yes I'm happy to be alive. And feeling alive.
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Me! I am chronically ill and was on my death bed a year ago so yes it puts things into perspective

I hope you're doing better now!
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Me! I lost a good friend on feb 1 to breast cancer. She was very young and left behind 6 year old twins who are in my daughters class. Breaks my heart for them and makes me incredibly grateful to be alive and well.