Is it just me???...

Options
... or does anyone else wish your body didn't need a break from working out? I used to take two off days during a week, now I have changed my workout schedule so I only take a break one day a week, on Sunday. But all day Sunday I can't wait for Monday morning so I can workout. I don't remember feeling this way 10 or 15 years ago when I was at a good weight and didn't need to lose any weight.

Replies

• TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    The endorphin high is pretty addictive. :smile:
  • Azuleelan
    Azuleelan Posts: 218
    Options
    So don't take a break. Your body doesn't really need "it"... that's just supposed to be for psychological reasons. If you change up your routine every day, then you're building muscle anyway (like one day arms, then next day legs, etc)
  • dcladydi
    dcladydi Posts: 95
    Options
    My rest day is Saturdays and I'm the same way... I can hardly wait till Sunday to get to the gym.
  • jeffpettis
    jeffpettis Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I guess so. Like I said, I have worked out all my life from high school up until about 7 years ago when I got out of the military, and I never remember almost feeling like I am goin into DT's from not working out. :laugh:
  • olag00
    olag00 Posts: 222
    Options
    I felt the same way...I am doing P90X and have moved Yoga to Sunday in order to not have a rest day. Replaced the yoga during the week with an insanity workout.
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    You're not the only one! I actually wish I could do two gym sessions a day. I tried it for a week, and it was too much for a beginner like me.
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    awesome habit to have formed...you are certain in a good frame of mind.
    we all wish we could jump on that wagon, lol
  • joamarelo
    joamarelo Posts: 161
    Options
    sometimes i don't take a brake during the week...i just slow down my workout once a week ;)
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    I don't work out every day either, but I sure get antsy when I miss one!
  • dcladydi
    dcladydi Posts: 95
    Options
    You look amazing. Great job!
  • reegordon
    reegordon Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Sunday is my rest day as well and I honestly don't take it off all the time. I wasn't feeling well today but I still worked in my garden so I managed to burned some calories anyway.
  • misscfe
    misscfe Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I use to work out 7 days a week until my trainer found out, then I was in trouble. I am still working out 6 days a week even though I am only supposed to do 5. On that 7th day I try to do stuff like heavy cleaning, yard work etc. I don't log that stuff normally so at least I am still doing something on my day off.
  • Mrs_TrimWaistFatWallet
    Options
    I disagree, but if you feel like you don't need it, then don't take it. Its up to you at that point. For me, I do a lot of endurance workouts and my body, not my mind, definitely NEEDS the break. In my opinion, for most people its up to them and how they feel mentally and physically.
    So don't take a break. Your body doesn't really need "it"... that's just supposed to be for psychological reasons. If you change up your routine every day, then you're building muscle anyway (like one day arms, then next day legs, etc)