Trying to lose 85 lbs

Options
This is my second attempt and I'm sticking to it this time! Just looking for friends/motivation to keep me going.

I've changed only the way I eat and in one week I've lost 7lbs. If I lose another 5 this week I'm going to start doing cardio on a treadmill. I'd love to lose quite some weight before the end of summer.

Good luck everyone!!!

Replies

• GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    All the best with your journey!
  • Mmarst
    Mmarst Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Looking to lose 210 more pounds, so will be here for a while! Feel free to add me.
  • polarbear993
    polarbear993 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just re-started today. :| I have at least that much to lose. Right now I am going to focus on making smart choices, keeping track, and starting to move. In the past I have jumped in full force just to crash and burn within a month. :neutral:

Good Luck!

Ps. I don't know what add me means, but you can add me too. :smile:
  • FredKing1
    FredKing1 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    7 lbs. is a really good start, but a five lb. follow-up might be too much to expect. In any event, going forward - do your math - calculate your BMR, set realistic intake and exercise goals. Don't know what you mean by "cardio" but you can start walking at any time. Let us know how you're doing.
  • Big_Jim_86
    Big_Jim_86 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I have an open food diary, my 1st weight loss goal is 50 lbs, but there is more to lose after that.
  • aparnagogineni
    aparnagogineni Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Please add me as well.. I am new here and need to lose 30 kilos
  • goldensa
    goldensa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am trying to lose 70 pounds and was going with the goal of one pound a week. Been doing this for 3 weeks and haven't lost anything. Frustrated but sticking to it. Not sure how to add people but would love to have others doing this with me.
  • dcshima
    dcshima Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    @goldensa how many calories a day? Do you own a digital scale? Logging everything by weight, grams / ounces solid foods, cups for liquid?
  • goldensa
    goldensa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I was at 1800, doing a Dr. oz thing right now of 1000 calories for 5 consecutive days to kick start weight loss and then I am going to change to 1500 a day. I don't have a digital scale but I have been weighing meats not really leaf lettuce and spinach. And I believe I am logging everything correctly.
  • cynthiathompson51
    Options
    I also need to lose 70 lbs. I hate measuring things so i am being much more loose about it and focusing on eating good meats or protein and veggies and fruit. Eliminating all processed foods and sugar although that isn't easy. I have been doing pretty well for about 45 days and I don't have a scale but can feel my clothes getting looser. Goal is 1500 calories a day.
  • kryssu
    kryssu Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 116lbs. In 3 weeks i"ve managed to lose about 8 pounds. Good luck with your goal. Feel free to add me.
  • CourtLHM
    CourtLHM Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Could always use more support here. I need to loose 80lbs. Having a hard time right now. Super peeved cuz I've been at it a while and only lost 4lbs.
  • MarziDeThrall
    MarziDeThrall Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Started back on Monday after giving up a year ago. I have 84 lbs to lose. My only friend on MFP is my daughter, lol. I log in everyday. Add me if you like and good luck to you. :)
  • AlphaCajun
    AlphaCajun Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I've lost just over 80 at this point, anyone is free to add me.. I know exactly what you're going to go through and always willing to help!
  • boubawes
    boubawes Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    how do you add someone?
  • MarziDeThrall
    MarziDeThrall Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    boubawes wrote: »
    how do you add someone?

From my laptop, I click on their name. Then a little box pops up and I click their name again and it takes me to their profile where there is a green ADD FRIEND button.
  • shellymayj273
    shellymayj273 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I want to loose 80 pounds I am 69 inches and is currently weighing 229 I only lost a pound this week by using the app!! I am going be 32 in May and I need to get my sexy back and much more to be healthier!! Please feel free to add me I need the motivation
  • bearhntrcb
    bearhntrcb Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    i want to lose 68, down 6 so far. have lost as much as 24 but always gain it back.