Looking for pals (esp gym rats, pole dancers and bbg girls)

Options
Hello :)
Been on mfp for sometime but inactive... Would be awesome to meet like-minded people who share the same interests: pole dancing + gym workouts + bbg. About me, I started on my fitness journey for 6 yrs or so now at the gym just doing regular treadmill running, and just simply picking up weights and thus had slow progress. Then I picked up on body pump classes and noticed good changes to the body and eventually took up pole (being amazed by how graceful and strong the girls are) for 2 yrs now. In between I supplement that with weight lifting, and bbg (week 20 now). Admit that I don't follow the program religiously but it has definitely helped me a lot in my goals of getting stronger, healthier and toned. I've learnt to no longer look at the scales or count my calories, rather focus on eating healthy and be happy with progress.

I hope to inspire/be inspired by everyone here... Feel free to add me as a friend and let's chat! For starters... What's your fitness regime and how do you keep yourself motivated? I find myself reorganizing my Instagram feed to follow only those I aspire to be: healthy, fit and happy. And of course pole dancers alike! It helps so much in staying motivated (even if your friends think you're a freak) haha. And I'd like to end by saying... A small progress is still a progress. Enjoy the journey!

Replies

• kec_15
    kec_15 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I love body pump!! It's addicting
  • srv524
    srv524 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    You both look great and very dedicated. I work out 3x a week, hoping to bump it up to 4x now that I only have 1 job. I do mostly weight lifting intervals, some running, but need to get back to running more and training for 5K's. I dropped 30 lbs, put 12 back on, looking to drop the final 20-30 lbs.
  • tarabole
    tarabole Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am consistent with my BBG workouts and I also spin, run weight lift and use TRX.
  • toughmudderMN
    toughmudderMN Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Gym rat here. Training 6 days/ week
  • MoonKat7
    MoonKat7 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I love weight training, I workout 5-7 days a week depending on the intensity of the workout. I'm a fitness professional have one last exam. I'm into healthy whole food and some supps.
  • missyjac
    missyjac Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    srv524 wrote: »
    You both look great and very dedicated. I work out 3x a week, hoping to bump it up to 4x now that I only have 1 job. I do mostly weight lifting intervals, some running, but need to get back to running more and training for 5K's. I dropped 30 lbs, put 12 back on, looking to drop the final 20-30 lbs.

Good luck on dropping the final pounds! You into 5k marathons?