Help me!

Options
AndrewSchweini
AndrewSchweini Posts: 1 Member
I have been on and off ultram (tramadol) for years now mainly because of my backpain. The thing is, I hate the drug and I wish to stop taking it altogether. But over the years, I have noticed that I lost a lot of weight. I have been eating 3-4 meals per day and I can't help but think my weight loss is due to the painkillers. How can I change my lifestyle to gain weight? I want to gain at least 1lbs per week! Thanks :)

Replies

• Dovekat
    Dovekat Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Adding in calorie dense foods to supliment your caloric intake will help with weight gain as will having snacks. Take a look here (under then calorie rich foods recommended for weight gain, select meal portions for eating more calories areas ) and see if you can incorporate anything anywhere good luck :smile: . https://www.healthaliciousness.com/articles/highest-calorie-foods.php#weightgain
  • Scamd83
    Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Eating foods with high caloric density is your best bet, as well as sweet treats if you want;

Peanut butter, avocado, ice cream, steak etc.
  • whit37k
    whit37k Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have been on and off ultram (tramadol) for years now mainly because of my backpain. The thing is, I hate the drug and I wish to stop taking it altogether. But over the years, I have noticed that I lost a lot of weight. I have been eating 3-4 meals per day and I can't help but think my weight loss is due to the painkillers. How can I change my lifestyle to gain weight? I want to gain at least 1lbs per week! Thanks :)

I thought that painkillers slowed down your metabolism, and would potentially make you gain rather than lose weight? I don't know much about tramadol though. Are you sure this is the cause? If not, there could be other underlying health issues contributing to your weight loss. Maybe you should see a Dr
  • geoff2986
    geoff2986 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Gallon of milk a day (GOMAD). Make sure to drink whole milk.