Getting started...again!

Options
Hey everyone! How's it going? I have been absent from MFP for quite some time, but I am back and ready to get back to it. I decided maybe I should try the premium upgrade, has anyone used it yet? What are your thoughts? I started working with a personal trainer recently and she told me the macro goals I should start out with and of course, without having the premium upgrade I couldn't change those settings the way she wanted me to have them... I was able to get super close, but not close enough. I thought I would give it a try for a year and see if it's worth it, if not then I certainly don't have to continue. So my beginning suggested macro goals for each day are 40% carbs, 30% protein, and 30% fat. Does anyone else have similar goals for their meals for the day? I would love to hear some good/quick meal ideas. I can't seem to eat eggs anymore, since my daughter was born 2 years ago any time I eat eggs I get very sick. So a little about me; I am a 30-year-old stay-at-home mom. My husband is gone for 4 weeks at a time and then home for 2 weeks at a time. During the time he is gone my eating habits are very different from when he is home. The goal is to get to where I eat pretty similarly the whole time, no matter what. My problem is that when he ISN'T here I don't like spending a lot of time in the kitchen for just myself and my picky eater 2 year old, this is when I tend to reach for stuff or go out and buy stuff that can be easier to put together/less healthy. When he IS home I do like to cook because he hasn't had home cooked meals the whole time he has been gone, we tend to have people over, etc. He doesn't exactly care to eat healthy, so many times what I cook is not always healthy, and I know I should be working to make my whole family healthier... So I guess I need help coming up with things that are quick and easy for when he isn't home and then maybe some healthier things for when he is home that he actually wouldn't mind.

Anyway; here's to getting started...again!

Replies

• geoff2986
    geoff2986 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Don't worry too much about macros. The most important thing is how many calories you're eating. To lose weight, you need to eat less calories than your body uses (caloric deficit), and to gain weight you need to eat more calories than your body uses (caloric surplus). As far as recipes, one of my favorite meals is grilled chicken breast, 1/2 cup chicken flavored rice-a-roni, and steamed broccoli. It takes about 20 minutes to cook and is super healthy.