Funny Smell

Options
After I work out, especially when it is a togh cardio workout, I often notice an ammonia smell to everything around. It does not last too long, but it is unpleasant enough to make me wonder what the heck?? I thought maybe it was just the gym, but I have noticed it at home recently too. Mostly it is in the shower after my heart has recovered. Anyone know what it is???

Replies

• seasonalvoodoo
    seasonalvoodoo Posts: 380 Member
    Options
  • angelkerr63
    angelkerr63 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've noticed the same thing, kind of an acrid smell. I didn't really notice it in the gym, but when I got home, I cleaned the entire house trying to find the smell. I actually asked one of my friends to come over to see if she could smell it. I did some research and the articles that I found suggested either I was not hydrating enough or my protein intake was too high compared to my carbohydrates. Basically, if you aren't ingesting enough carbs, your body starts breaking down muscle to fuel itself. It made sense for me since when I logged my meals for the day, I was constantly going over on my protein allowance.
  • pianoplt
    pianoplt Posts: 3
    Options
    urine secreted through pores
  • ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Long explanation short- protein. Not really too much, but there is a glass ceiling where more protein is no longer beneficial. And then you smell.