Today is not a good day!!!!

Options
Today is not a good day!!!! I get so frustrated all the time and wanna give up.. I hate that every time i hit this point in my weight loss journey i wanna quit. I just cant seem to get under the 200 mark at all. Down to 1200 calories as well now, never ever done that before. Not motivated to exercise and find it even hard to find time. Just seems like Im not losing at all or maybe I just wanna lose faster but I know that's not healthy and sure as hell am not gonna starve myself.. HELP!! Does it get better !!!

Replies

• 1smemae94
    1smemae94 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    This is the lightest ive been since 8th grade, and its hard because i want to go back to all the habbits that made me so heavy in the first place. Ive gotten up to 200 when i realised i needed to change. Just keep with it, go another 5 minutes of excersice a day, drink more water, eat more fruits and veggies. You can do this. If you ever need a kick in the butt, message me!
  • RichardWhitman
    RichardWhitman Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    You are breathing. That's something! :)
    Tomorrow is another day. Call it a day, today.
    You'll make it.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Focus on the success. Let your success so far be a motivating factor to continue. It does get better. Keep at it.
  • brndygrl98
    brndygrl98 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    You can do this! Don't give up. I am at 198 lbs right now and I struggled at 200 for almost 3 weeks! Maybe you should zigzag your calories a little. 1200 calories is not enough for me per day to lose weight. My body hold on to it with all it's might if I don't eat atleast 1300. Just remember, you will get there. You didn't gain the weight overnight, it will eventually come off. Good luck!!
  • JessieGurl
    JessieGurl Posts: 27
    Options
    Don't give up! If you give up you are going to end up doing the same old song and dance again ..in. few months you will want to lose the weight and restart what you have already started .. your ticker says you already lost 19lbs! That is great! I'll tell you, I use to be like that also, I always hit a wall at 186..in the past I gave up. Now I am 159 because I do not look at this as something to quit or give up when I did not see the results I expected. NOW Im eating heathy and commiting to any type of exercise I can, depending on how my day goes. I still go out to dinner once a week and go over my calorie budget but that's ok because tomorrow is a new day. (And I go over the day after I weigh in so I have a week to make up for It)

Please do not give up or rush this, its the worst thing you can do! Friend request me if you are looking for support. I am always looking for new friends to support me too.

Good luck!
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    How old are you? At 44 yrs old and 190 pounds I was eating 1900 calories 4 days a week and 1700 calories 3 days a week. Sounds like you aren't eating enough.
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Every time I get to a new lower number on the scale, I sabotage myself and binge.
    I think I'm afraid to reach my goal.

Today I put the scale away in the closet and I won't be getting on it again. It isn't that the numbers aren't going down fast enough ... it's that when they DO that I'm panicking.
    I never realized this until now.
    I can almost pinpoint all my binges to my successes not my failures.
    An aha moment for me.

So without the scale, I'll no longer be able to see when I'm close to 200 lbs and won't be able to sabotage what will be a very important milestone for me.
    It's just something about that number that keeps tripping me up.

You're not alone. Hang in there and NEVER give up no matter how many times you feel like it.

Be well. :flowerforyou:
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I sat a 1 pound way from my original goal weight for 5 weeks. I got so frustrated week after week when I'd weigh in at exactly 1 pound above my goal. Then one day I woke up 3 pounds lighter! I had even weighed myself the night before with no budge on the scale. THREE POUNDS!! Just like that!
    It gets better. Just keep going. :flowerforyou:
  • sandspresley9873
    Options
    im 37 years old. dont get out much to do much exercise due to my daughter being disabled, i just dont know what to do anymore.
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    im 37 years old. dont get out much to do much exercise due to my daughter being disabled, i just dont know what to do anymore.

BeachBody.com has awesome at home DVD workout programs...P90X, Insanity, Turbofire, Chalean Extreme...something for everybody...focuses on both cardio and strength as well as flexibility. They are varied and at least for me (P90X) it keeps me motivated and keeps me structured.