2»

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    JJ_Lo wrote: »
    If you are a quarter of a chicken that is probably more than 3 ounces...

Between 3-5 oz

You realize....you have to know how many oz of chicken you ate in order to do this properly? You can just say 3-5 oz. That's a huge calorie difference.
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    I'd assume a quarter of a roasted chicken, without bones, to be at least 8 ounces. Maybe chickens here are bigger.
  • Protranser
    Protranser Posts: 517 Member
    Average rotisserie chicken weighs around 2 lbs (32 oz) 32oz*.25=8. So your estimation is off by more than 50% for just that one entry. That calorie value looks ok for ~4oz of chicken breast with no skin.
  • JJ_Lo
    JJ_Lo Posts: 12 Member
    Thanks everyone!
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    arditarose wrote: »
    If you are a quarter of a chicken that is probably more than 3 ounces...

Between 3-5 oz

You realize....you have to know how many oz of chicken you ate in order to do this properly? You can just say 3-5 oz. That's a huge calorie difference.

But still underate unless the other entries are wrong too
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Honestly, who knows. That burn could be overestimated as well.
  • JJ_Lo
    JJ_Lo Posts: 12 Member
    Maybe... But im still missing exercises cause they are not loaded in the app... So, who knows
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    edited February 2016
    Got out of the Gym late (9pm); by the time I got home was hungry and already 10pm so, i decided to eat some rosted chicken by itself... Was this a good move?

If you're calorie count posted was accurate (sounds like it wasn't though), I can certainly understand why you would be hungry after hitting the gym twice. :confounded:

ETA: you need to find a balance between eating enough to fuel your workouts and losing weight (assuming that's your goal, because if you are trying to gain, you're doing it wrong).

My first suggestion would be to nail down your logging. Calorie burns for exercise do tend to be on the high side. What did you do for those two workouts? As for the food, a food scale is most accurate.