DVD workouts

Options
I quit the gym last year due to finances and now do DVD workouts 5 days a week plus regular 5 mile walkes (sometime more weather permitting)
Anyway, me and my daughters love Shaun T's Hip Hop Abs, Kate Lawler's workout and Kerry Katona real fitness we are doing alot lately. Our regulars are Davina Fit and for some hardcore I chose Jillian Micheals Shred, her yoga isn't too bad and a resistance band workout.
Which do you prefer and how do you rate them compared to a gym class? I never did machines, just body combat, pump, circuit, step, pilates, yoga and aqua. I feel as fit as I did at the gym and have learned to use variety when my body gets too used to a certain workout.

Replies

• CodyD18
    CodyD18 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    p90x and Insanity are both awesome. I have yet to complete the entire programs I just kind of do them when I feel like it. I might try to complete an entire round of p90x soon.
  • 1smemae94
    1smemae94 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I love the dvds because you can do them in the privacy of your own home, but you need to be able to pushyourself. Theres a wide variety with the dvds and they are alot of fun too.
  • NuttyBrewnette
    NuttyBrewnette Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I love the 30 day shred...not so much doing it, but I'm only on day 6, and seeing changes in my body. Never had that with any work out before.

I also enjoy the Turbo Jam DVD's.

I have a few dvd's that I rotate through when I don't have time to get to the gym.
  • beverlyl64
    beverlyl64 Posts: 381
    Options
    I love Turbo Fire and P90X, both are good and challenging.
  • mdgracia
    mdgracia Posts: 20
    Options
    I am new to p90X and it is super challenging for me. I also do Tracy Anderson Mat workout and Dance Cardio, both challenging but I love them. I am trying Jillian's Shred this week one day.
  • mamato4kids
    mamato4kids Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I have done P90X, and now I am doing ChaLean Extreme. I really like CLX, she is great!
  • SmileeBarbFLA
    Options
    Has anyone tried the Dancing with the Stars DVD's? I saw them at Walmart the other day in the fitness section when I bought my HRM. They have a few different versions with different types of music. I'm trying to find a good one too for my alternate gym days.
  • N3OKI
    N3OKI Posts: 8
    Options
    I will be starting the insanity program tomorrow. Then have plans for p90x.
  • Soziberry
    Soziberry Posts: 115
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies. Good to get some ideas. Do any of you video yourself doing a workout? I do now and again for fun and to show people that working out at home doesn't have to include stairs and water bottles.