Need Some Friendly Advice! (:

Options
Hey everyone!
So Im back at this..been on and off for 3 years now, and I am FINALLY deciding to stick to this. I pre-log my meals the day before and am starting to prep them also. I just have a slight problem...I tend to either
a) binge eat when I do not eat properly throughout the day (working on this)
b) eat snacks really late at night out of boredom (working on this as well)

I just need some advice on how to curve these late night munchies I tend to have so often. My willpower is not the best per say, and Im trying to work on that, especially since I want to lose weight.

So do ya'll have any helpful tips with either A or B? Haha! (:

Have a lovely weekend everyone and thank you ever so much for your responses!

Replies

• kirstendawm
    kirstendawm Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I struggled with these things also! But honestly, I just had to tell myself over and over that I don't need it. Eventually, after a few days off cutting late night snacks and binge eating, I felt so much better and realized that I really don't need it. A moment on the lips can mean forever on the hips! Lol
  • piggysmalls333
    piggysmalls333 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Having lots of healthy snacks handy and try eating every 3-4 hours so you don't become ravenous (that's when we make bad decisions). Also you might want to write down WHY you're doing this and tape it up on your mirror so you always remember and keep your motivation going!
  • Expatmommy79
    Expatmommy79 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I love to eat after dinner. So I skip breakfast. That way I have enough calories left to enjoy an after dinner snack.
  • RosemaryBronte
    RosemaryBronte Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I try to go to bed by 9pm so as to avoid another wave of hunger-fatigue. Also I try to eat 3 meals and 2 snacks each day. When I get really hungry, then I lose control and I eat crazily.
  • CassidyScaglione
    CassidyScaglione Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    You already said that you snack when you are bored, so why not take away that opprotunity? I will snack too if I am doing something brainless (like sitting and watching tv) but even just reading instead of doing that requires some actual engagement, and its easier to ignore eating. Find some kind of hobby/activity you can do in the evening that will keep your attention better than the kardashians or whatever.
  • Kaylee_Girl21
    Kaylee_Girl21 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the feed back on this post! So much positivity! Love it! I really do appreciate it! I'll defintely be keep all of this in mine! :)
  • rkcampbell
    rkcampbell Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I know I love to snack at night so I pre log and plan for it! I usually spend 300-400 of my 1500 calories on evening snacks. I know me and I know this is when I am most hungry.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    rkcampbell wrote: »
    I know I love to snack at night so I pre log and plan for it! I usually spend 300-400 of my 1500 calories on evening snacks. I know me and I know this is when I am most hungry.

This is what I do! I literally can't fall asleep if I don't have a late snack, so I save anywhere from 100-300 calories to use then.

For times I don't have calories left, I will have hot mint green tea and one square of dark chocolate (around 50 cals worth). It usually does the trick.
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I like to plan about 300 calories for a thick smoothie in the evening, with protein powder, frozen fruit, and ricotta cheese. If I don't have enough saved, I'll have an ounce of nuts or just the protein powder as a snack. I have some sugar free hard candy, too, and sometimes will have a couple of pieces.