Advice Needed

Options
Hello all - I am a newbie here, so please bear with me. Here is my problem, I am a self employed web designer and I work from home (I'm sure u can see were I am going w/this). I find myself eating something every 1/2 hour (mostly healthy snacks) and telling myself it is okay because I will burn it off later, or have already burned it off (calorie wise) through my daily routine.
And no, getting an office out of the home is not an option...lol.

Replies

• calimari
    calimari Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I work from home pretty often as well. One thing I do is hop on my exercise bike or do my workout video during my lunch break. Even just getting outside & taking a 10 minute walk around the block breaks up the day, energizes you, and gives you some exercise credit early in the day.
  • karenkwalker
    karenkwalker Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Eating small amounts often is ok as long as it's healthy and in your range calorie wise, etc. If you are eating junk - then perhaps not having it in your home at all. When I worked in an office and people brought junk food in - I wanted it. I work from home now too and I just don't have anything here - that is tempting like cake or chocolate - that helps me - cause when you are bored or want to avoid the project you are working on - it's really tempting to eat instead. Good luck!
  • Frankenbarbie01
    Frankenbarbie01 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    If I could work from home (a DREAM compared to shift work!!) I would do everything I could to keep regular office hours and meal breaks. I would also book my workout times during the time I felt most like snacking, personally speaking its mid morning for me, an hour before lunch.
  • 916SAC
    916SAC Posts: 39
    Options
    Thanks 4 the reply's -

Don't get me wrong, I am a exercise guru (newbie) and burn more than I eat. But I love to cook and with cooking comes eating as well as snacking - I guess my main question is, is it okay to eat more as long as I am burning it off?